TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Old 14th February 2010, 10:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2540

Got mine today.

Old 16th February 2010, 04:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy
Default MAG Developer Tips: The Skill Tree

MAG Developer Tips: The Skill Tree

Quote:
“Hey there, this is Jason and it’s a fact that the skill tree is the heart of your character, and the place where a soldier’s identity is forged. Specialization is the name of the game here, as becoming comfortable with a particular weapon set and support role, and then spending skill points wisely to improve upon those skills will help you become an effective combatant and squadmate. Following these few tips will help you become a force to be reckoned with out on the battlefield.
  • Choose your weapon. Rather than spend precious skill points across several weapon types, pick one and spend points to continually upgrade that category’s weapon selections, attachments, and skills.
  • Choose your role. Electronics warfare? Combat medic? Field engineer? Explosives expert? MAG is all about teamwork, and a balanced squad is a good squad. Decide on your “support” role immediately, and just like when specializing with a weapon, continually spend skill points to improve that skill set rather than scattering points across disciplines.
  • Save your skill points. Just because you leveled up and have a shiny new skill point to spend, that doesn’t mean you have to spend it “right now.” Decide first what your next ‘must have” skill is and save up for it. That new foregrip attachment for an assault rifle or the electronic sensor jammer may be worth the wait.
  • Respec early and often. Your current “Respec” points are shown in the “Skills” tree. When you have enough points, opting for a respec will reset all purchased skills and give you all of your earned points back to spend again; it’s basically a do-over. This is a great opportunity to hone your specialty and personal play-style to a razor’s edge.
  • Be prepared for an ever-changing battlefield by “packaging” new skills and equipment together as loadouts in the Armory. Use attacker and defender skill sets as a starting point, and build from there with your specialties. Packaging up gear skills into an easily selectable loadout can make all the difference when a stealthy assault on an AA Battery is called for, or when a last stand against heavy APC’s can mean the difference between victory or defeat.

In closing, the key is to maximizing the skill tree is to choose your weapon, choose your role, then work up the ranks to become effective at both, while using the respec function liberally to find that perfect combination for your play style.”

Thanks Jason, great tips. We’ll be back with additional help from other Zippers next Tuesday, as we’ll be off Monday for the President’s Day holiday. Have a great three day weekend and we’ll see you again soon.
More interesting read:

MAG Developer Tips: Domination

MAG Developer Tips: Acquisition

MAG Developer Tips: Sabotage

MAG Developer Tips: Suppression

Last edited by Pure Mongrel; 16th February 2010 at 04:37 PM.
Pure Mongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 05:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1621

Angry

got a delivery note from the post office so i guess it's here. will pick it up tomorow. had no luck with the BigW game and headset deal for $98 seems eveywhere now out of stock. but picked up the logitech Vantage Wireless Bluetooth Headset for PC & PS3 Logitech® Cordless Vantage? Headset for PLAYSTATION®3 off ebay for $52 aud delivered. so that has shipped and hopefully will be here just after the weekend. just a question regarding the fractions. if you choose a fraction can you have a run around with it then delete it and create a new one ? will have a mess around with the game until theres a firm desision on which way we are going
Old 16th February 2010, 05:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2540

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozivillan View Post
just a question regarding the fractions. if you choose a fraction can you have a run around with it then delete it and create a new one ? will have a mess around with the game until theres a firm desision on which way we are going
Good question. I wondered that too, when I got to lvl4 as a Raven, and wondered if I could have multiple characters.
It appears not.
So I'd say, your options are:
(a) have multiple PS3 profiles (which I do, anyway) and play each character as a different faction (not fraction, oz )
(b) save to a USB stick and start again, restoring which one you like the most.

Certainly warrants investigation.
Old 16th February 2010, 06:01 PM   #25 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1621

Angry

so i can create a character on my AUS and US accounts ? if i'm liking the US character will i be able to continue using this us account for games with the TOG clan. don't want to go sticking the disk in then finding i have buggered up my options. when i need to make the decision later on as to which fraction i'm playing with :P
Old 16th February 2010, 07:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

You can play either account with the TOG clan. Don't forget that you can re-spec once you reach certain levels so sometimes it is better to fight through those last couple of levels rather than start again.

I will be out for a couple of days it seems

I upgraded my internet plan and due to an error on their part, they have capped me at 512/512 upload and download speed.

I am paying for 8000/512 upload and download, but according to them it may take 5 working days to fix what in reality only takes a minute or two of keyboard strokes. (They only need to reprogram the port)

Not happy Jan!
Old 17th February 2010, 03:37 AM   #27 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 4

In like flynn.
doublewingcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 07:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

Welcome to the Console Division doublewingcoach.

Once you have picked a faction, etc. post here to join other TOGers online in MAG.
Old 17th February 2010, 09:09 AM   #29 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager
Ace - Post: 8943

Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Mongrel View Post
I will be out for a couple of days it seems Not happy Jan!
Mate who are you with, they are absolutely hopeless.
Old 17th February 2010, 03:19 PM   #30 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

I will not post the name I call them, but their official name is "Telstra Business Broadband".

I switched to this because I was having issues with Bigpond and they assured me that this service would not only be better, but the tech support would be outstanding.

So far the only thing out-standing is my ability to play online

Last edited by Pure Mongrel; 17th February 2010 at 03:28 PM.
Pure Mongrel is offline   Reply With Quote