Old 15th February 2010, 09:51 AM   #21 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4349

Goofy

I have been playing a medic, best way to level as MeOnFire stated. I even went a whole round without firing my weapon ... was very rewarding

Can't wait for a TOG Squad. A group of eight, each with a role to play will own almost any battlefield

Old 15th February 2010, 10:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles
Ace - Post: 9492

Breezy

Yes co-ordination is the trick in this game. Having said that a well placed grenade can end it very quickly.

I think a Fire Team of 2 assault, 1 command, 2 medics, 2 mech, 1 heavy and a sniper might do the trick.

So it's true about leveling quick on medic then. Got me thinking now. I'm assault/mech and I tend to die more then I kill especially since no one seems to know what to do medic wise in these games.
Old 15th February 2010, 10:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1464

Goofy

If JB hifi do a trade in 3 for this i'm in

PC - TOG|Click PS3-PSN - clickaus Guild Wars 2 - clickaus.9170
click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 10:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

I play Heavy Support / Medic.

I like your line up for a squad, but I would feel a little safer if you added another sniper in place of one of the others.

Would be an awesome squad. Assault / heavy does the front line work, medics keep them fighting and the snipers protect the medics backs.

Once (as a squad) we get a good knowledge of the maps and talk to each other, should be great fun.

Edit: I am sure they will Click. Would you go Raven? (/hint )

I have to say the more I play this game, the more I prefer it over MW2. Sure the graphics aren't as great, but this is a true team game. I have not turned on my 360 since this game came out

Last edited by Pure Mongrel; 15th February 2010 at 10:23 PM.
Pure Mongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 11:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1648

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
If JB hifi do a trade in 3 for this i'm in
This title not currently in the trade in 3 offer
Old 16th February 2010, 12:37 AM   #26 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Mongrel View Post
I have to say the more I play this game, the more I prefer it over MW2. Sure the graphics aren't as great, but this is a true team game. I have not turned on my 360 since this game came out
Interesting you should say that - I mentioned before I'm not a big fan of FPS - a comment that was predominantly spawned by buying a copy of COD4, playing it for a few hours, and hating it. I'd heard so many ppl rave about how great the COD games are and... personally, I felt somewhat cheated when I discovered I didn't agree.
But I've actually been inspired to play MAG more than once.
If I can get to enjoy this even half as much as I enjoyed Warhawk (TPS as opposed to FPS), then I'll be happy that I've got my money's worth.

PS: Click, I actually double-ordered it on eBay, so I have a second copy coming if you wanna buy it cheap?
(Actually, I tell a lie - I ordered it on eBay, and got impatient waiting for it so bought it in Game ;p )
Old 16th February 2010, 09:41 AM   #27 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles

Breezy

Have you settled on a Faction mate.

I'm in Raven if your wondering. Love the black and silver. Reminds me of the Warhawk days.
Old 16th February 2010, 10:41 AM   #28 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

Quoth the Raven ... "Cadder is one of us!"

As to the disappointment I have with MW2, I thought I was the only one? MW2 is fun for some quick matches with friends, but I feel the squad tactics in MAG is far more satisfying.

Last night I joined jonny2combz for a couple of rounds and had an absolute blast. It was great playing with someone you could communicate with and back each other up with heals and fields of fire. If the rest of the squad did the same thing we would have ruled the battlefield.

An example of how lag is not a factor for this game. Before I hooked up with Jonny, I joined a group that all had head sets (they were all communicating and seemed like they knew each other by the constant flashing head set symbols).

Funny thing is when I got in to the session, they were all speaking French (so most likely from France or Canada). Now my French is very basic, but I understood enough to get by and we kicked arse! Most telling for me was that there was no delay, stuttering or rubber banding. My hats off to the developers of this game for the stable game play.

In fact this kind of game play is what I should be getting from my "paid" Xbox Live Service!

I was going to create a "Squad" sig for Raven players (only if people are interested?).

Poe Squad maybe?

Last edited by Pure Mongrel; 16th February 2010 at 10:55 AM.
Pure Mongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 01:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles

Breezy

Poe Squad.......what.?

Oh......Edgar Allan Poe. LOL

Nice one mate.

What about Corvus Squad or is that to obvious.
Ravens are from the Corvus family of birds.
or
Magpie Squad (Aussie distant cousin) but since we are anot all Aussies playing we need a more generic name.
Old 16th February 2010, 01:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

I like Corvus. Sounds cool