TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Old 26th February 2010, 03:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2039

Confused

lol, so I just finished it. The first hour or so was really slow but once it picked up I was hooked. It has a few minor issues but ultimately it was everything I hoped it would be, looking forward to doing another playthrough. Got the ultimate happy ending on this run, want to see the killer win next time

Also, the bonus content is actually worth checking out, some pretty interesting videos on the casting, mo-cap, etc.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843

Last edited by Chief; 26th February 2010 at 03:26 AM.
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26th February 2010, 07:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

You finished it!?! (Well the MAG servers were down )

My wife had a go at it last night (on my insistence) and she got through the first chapter only.

I am glad to hear it gets better, because so far all she has done is make the character draw stuff, have a shower, brush his teeth, shave, pee twice, lose his (withheld so as not to spoil ), make dinner and put a child to bed.

Not the riveting murder mystery I had promised her ... ROFL

She saved at the start of chapter two, so your post has given me ammo to get her to continue

I can see what they were doing with the first chapter (set the scene, make you feel empathy for the character, learn the mechanics, etc.)

This may sound odd, but I don't see this game as an interactive movie ... more like an interactive book. I don't mean this because there is no action, there is. I can't put my finger on it, maybe it is all the internal monologue in the game, but to me it has that book feel you get as you can explore a characters thoughts in a book.

Like a very advanced choose your own adventure book maybe?

Last edited by Pure Mongrel; 26th February 2010 at 08:05 AM.
Pure Mongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 01:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 35

Finished this the day after I got it (which is annoying in and of itself); I don't think I'll be replaying. I found the writing and plot to be very poor near the end (similar to how IP/Fahrenheit nosedived) and ultimately found the game to be a disappointing and unsatisfying experience. My wife played it through the whole way with me and she wasn't too happy.
bonds0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 09:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

I am sorry to hear that bonds.

Can you get your money back on it?
Old 27th February 2010, 01:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Mongrel View Post
I am sorry to hear that bonds.

Can you get your money back on it?
PM, I wonder whether there's any way of instigating a "Toggers score the game they play" points system for the console division? Not sure how this would be implemented, but I think there's merit in having a one-stop-goto-place to check out what other Toggers have ranked for each game (with an average out-of-10 score). I've considered getting this game, and not sure now given chief's good rap and Bond's bad rap so close together.
Whatever the system, I think it's also important for voters to be able to CHANGE their opinion (and thus the score). Can we instigate this? If it's done right, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work for other divisions too.
Old 27th February 2010, 09:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

Ummm ... let me think about it. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to speak up

As to buying this game, no matter how good it is, it is a one to two play through max game. Wait till it gets cheaper.
Old 1st March 2010, 01:37 AM   #17 (permalink)
Correspondent
Retired Advisor
Correspondent
Retired Advisor
Elite - Post: 2913

Lurking

How about doing polls for each game and keeping them together in a single subforum?

"...through victory my chains are broken"
Arep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 08:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

I thought of something like that, but you can't change your mind later. I think what Cadder was getting at is that sometimes a game can be given a score based on the hype or the first couple of levels, but by the time you finish the game that score may change.

For instance, I would have given MW2 a 9 out of 10 when I first got it. It was fast and shinny and I thought the game was great. As I played it some more and had lag issues, saw the inbalances in the game, I would now rate this game a 6 to 7 tops.

(We just miss your reviews! )
Old 1st March 2010, 02:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

Note for people who bought the collectors edition in Australia!

There is an issue with the redemption code and the soundtrack will be unavailable until 05-03-2010. If you put the code in before then, it will not work. If you have already entered your code ... HAHAHAHA Suck it!

Umm I mean ... go this link and get it fixed up!

(Sorry I could not resist )
Old 8th March 2010, 04:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
Average - Post: 139

Tired

*** Spoiler Alert ***

I don't know about you guys, but my wife generally doesn't have the patience to finish any game, or even watch me play one. Heavy Rain was different. I installed the game, handed her the control, and said "Just try it." She played it for 5 hours straight... unbelievable. She got me a bunch of trophies (and was very proud of herself for it too) and had a great time. It was even fun for me too. The look on her face when she missed three prompts and Jayden got shot in the back of the head was absolutely priceless! When the game didn't restart the "chapter" over, she was devastated. When I told her that it wasn't a big deal and that the story would just evolve and incorporate it, she happily continued and told me "Well, I guess I'll have to play it again." I NEVER hear that.

So, for more serious gamers, it's probably a 1 or 2 play through game. For me, it was totally worth the cash just to share the time with my wife doing something that I tend to enjoy a lot more than she does.
Spunkmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote