Old 8th March 2010, 11:31 AM   #21 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2080

Confused

I know what you mean Spunkmeyer, this is what's impressed me most about the game, instead of "stop playing those stupid games" I get "hey, let's play that game!"

My fiancé is on her second playthrough. Would love to see more games like this breaking the mould and opening up videogames to a wider audience.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 8th March 2010, 03:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2540

After considering buying this game, I decided not to - then found out it was "thrown in" when I bought a second household PS3.
ATM, it's still wrapped in placcy, but I might take you boys' advice and stick it in on one of those nights when the missus whinges about nothing worth watching on the telly...
Old 10th March 2010, 03:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
Average - Post: 139

Tired

Hey guys, just a word of warning.

If you're considering buying this, you might want to wait for a new patch. It seems HR has some serious bugs that can make the game unplayable. I've now got 2 corrupted saves and can't finish my 2nd play through . For a game with multiple endings, that's a major FAIL IMO. After doing a little research, it seems the problem is pretty widespread.

Oh well, guess I'll move on to something else for a while. (I think it's a conspiracy to keep me from getting my first platinum trophy... the bastards)

Spunkmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 08:11 AM   #24 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

Thanks for the heads up mate!
Old 10th March 2010, 10:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager
Ace - Post: 9039

Breezy

My son has been at me about this game. We have the demo so I suppose I should give it a go.

Question is would you play through again and again.?
Old 12th March 2010, 10:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Kiz
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2982

Devilish

picked it up.. returned it the next day.. along with a few others in front of us at EB..

from what i saw.. it looked like another Sims game...

apparently they stuffed up with the advert... everyone thinking it was something else..
Old 8th January 2011, 05:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11362

Has anyone tried this with the PS Move controller? The latest patch has enabled this feature.

I threw 11 hours into this game in one day to complete. What an amazing ride! Deep and involved, loved the story. This is the first console game I've played in a thorough way. Interactive drama binds with cinema. So much so I found myself having stopped playing and waiting for the "movie" to continue and for a second wondering why my character was just standing there. Once the game had developed after the first hour I was hooked all the way until the end. It's definitely a game where you need to send the family out for the day (or weekend! lol). An hour or so each night just wouldn't work in my opinion.

I did find the controls at times a little clunky and confusing during some of the more hectic moments but I think this is more due to my lack of experience with controllers than a fault with the game.

After I completion I checked out some reports of the various possible endings - amazing. Don't worry, no spoilers from me! This game is seriously impressive and needs to be experienced!

I've just bought Heavy Rain Chronicles 1 which according to Father in TOG Podcast #20 is a very intense trip.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 11:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3198

Psychedelic

Its probably one of the best games ive ever played, and has the best story line of any game ive ever played (and ive played a few in my time) recently played through it again to show a mate the game. Ive not used the motion controller they seem a bit over priced at the moment (£50+) for the amount of games that actually use it.
Xavien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2011, 03:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
Ves
Average - Post: 155

Fine

Currently playing it with the Move after finally getting it. Entertaining so far. Can be annoying with the Move not detecting some moves correctly.
Ves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 10:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11362

Quote:
Quantic Dream's 2010 narrative-focused Heavy Rain grossed $100 million, proving that developers should "stop thinking that innovation rhymes with unprofitable," according to studio co-CEO Guillaume de Fondaumiere.
SOURCE Heavy Rain grossed $100 million - Report - GameSpot.com
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote