Old 17th February 2010, 02:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2085

Confused
Default Heavy Rain

Anyone else excited for this game? I know it's sort of a niche title, and despite many positive reviews and lots of innovation I don't think it will sell too well.

Anyway, it's by the team who made Indigo Prophecy (called Fahrenheit in the US I think) which was brilliant until the story went to crap in the 2nd half.

For those who haven't played Indigo Prophecy, it was sort of a take on the old point n click adventure genre, but amped up the interaction. Very story heavy and players actions throughout would affect the ending.

Heavy Rain is the same sort of thing, more of an interactive film with many outcomes rather than a game in the traditional sense.

I know it's certainly not to everyone's taste but I'm really looking forward to it, and think it will definitely be worth renting for anyone who's looking for a game with a great engaging story and plenty of replayability.

Because it differs so much from other games it's a bit tricky to describe, but the gametrailers review is a good depiction of what to expect.

Heavy Rain Video Game, Review HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17th February 2010, 06:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 903

Mellow

I tried the demo of heavy rain and the gameplay is almost the same as this classic from 1983 called Dragon's lair.

YouTube - Dragon's Lair (Gameplay completo con scene di morte) parte 1 - by Ataru'75 [308]
Old 17th February 2010, 07:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Founder
Guru - Post: 11115

Yeah I'll be picking this one up for sure, I liked Indigo Prophecy a lot.
Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 07:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonhammer View Post
I tried the demo of heavy rain and the gameplay is almost the same as this classic from 1983 called Dragon's lair.

YouTube - Dragon's Lair (Gameplay completo con scene di morte) parte 1 - by Ataru'75 [308]
Oh man, now that game brings back some memories ... of many a lost 20c piece

I pre-ordered this one. While I know little about the game at this stage, I got the impression it was like an interactive movie so would be fun for the wife and I to sit down together and play.

Any game that can win me some brownie points ... while still playing a game is a winner in my book

MAG, Heavy Rain and BFBC2 on the PS3 ... they are going to revoke my XBL Gamer Tag at this rate

Last edited by Pure Mongrel; 17th February 2010 at 08:01 AM.
Pure Mongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 03:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2

Confused

IGN just released a cool video to supplement their review. It gets rid of some of the misconceptions about the game just being a series of traditional quicktime events (ie. press x to not die)

It shows the same scene 3 times, first with all the actions entered, second with half of them and finally with almost none. The outcome of the scene ultimately remains the same (although this is not the case throughout) but it really changes the feel of the situation and can have repercussions later in the game.

YouTube - Heavy Rain: Exposing the Truth
Old 21st February 2010, 05:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6615

Grumpy

Ill be renting it when it comes out for sure, looking forward to it.
Old 22nd February 2010, 06:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 35

Pre-ordered this at my local gamestop, looking forward to picking this up tomorrow. The wife's excited to watch me play after going through the demo with me.
bonds0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 863

Fine

I am kind of waiting untill I finish Fallout 3 and GTA4 befor I get another game like this. I played the DEMO and it looked realy good I have no idea about Indigo Prophecy never played it but I will get this game down the trak, and might be in the cheap bin by then too I have to stick to a budget the Wife wants to buy another house.
jonny2combz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 611

Just saw an ad for this at the cinema, looks excellent, I loved Indigo Prophecy. Unfortunately I have a 360
my_right_buttock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 12:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2

Confused

Just picked up my preorder was cheaper than expected. JB Hi-Fi have it on sale until sunday, $79 for the standard, $99 for the special, reduced from $99/$119 so good place to grab it for those who are interested.