Old 19th February 2010, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager
Ace - Post: 9039

Breezy
Default Thanks MAG Game 19 Feb

Sorry about the comms situation. My son gave me back my headset and you guessed it. No power. Will recharge tonight.

I will also have to speak very quietly with the rest of the family asleep but hey I can be quiet. From time to time.

Just like to thank Chief (Trent_Steele), BoOchi777 and FunkyJ for the game.

Special thanks to BoOchi777 for putting the group togeather for a run.

I think the Group invite works well and really it's just down to how many want to get in on the act.

As Group Leader I wouldn't worry to much about waiting for responses from the guys prior to joining a game and would probably just pick Directed so the game will put you in a game based on numbers and requirements.

This allows the group Leader to just get on with it without asking everyone where the members of the group would like to go. Especially if some don't have comms.

Of course special requests would be considered and I'm sure no matter what game we are in we will all have fun none the less.

Happy to take some feedback on this so feel free to comment guys.

I do have a question. Is the group Faction specific like the Clan?

If not we could all just be in a single group prior to joining games so we stay togeather for a little TOG (Raven) v TOG (SVER) action.

The bad point to this would be that comms between members would have to be none directed. ie. don't give away your position to members from the other Faction but feel free to brag if you take one of them out.
or then again
Tell them your going for the cooling tower and head for the morter instead.

I will be on more then likely after 8:30 tonight maybe later. Will play for several hours and on & off most of the weekend.
See you in game.

Last edited by Ancient_One; 19th February 2010 at 01:11 PM.
Ancient_One is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19th February 2010, 01:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager

Breezy

Before I forget. Chief I saw your XP mate after each game and you are one hell of a player. Remind me never to be on the wrong side when playing against you.

Oh and BoOchi777.............thanks for the knife in the back on the first map we played on. I nearly pissed myself laughing.

Picture this guys......

We group up.
Make a decision on map.
We get into the game.
The anticipation is building as the timer runs down.
0 Timer arrives it's show time.
We appear in game.
Ancient_One clicks on the run button and heads off for the first location.
10 steps and Ancient_One is dead. (Knife in the back)
Appologies over the comms from BoOchi777 (Woops wrong button)

Remind me not to mess with you in future if your the Team Leader. Was it something I didn't say?

I think that deserves a reward what do you think Pure_Mongrel. Do we have one that fits.
Old 19th February 2010, 02:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

Sounds like you have a few awards to give out mate.

As to the special one for BoOchi777, don't forget there is an award for creating an award

We do need one for this special "action" though. I would have won a few for dropping a grenade instead of a heal in the early days of MAG

The myriad combination of buttons for all the FPS games out there is to blame. (you should see what happens when the group switches from MW to R6V2 ... the amount of self kills from grenades is very funny!)

Maybe that could be the theme of the new award?
Old 19th February 2010, 02:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2080

Confused

Was great fun, but a shame about it being so late, since I have to be quiet at that time as well. Doesn't help that we get downtime right in the middle of the Aussie peak time.

I did a bit of a timezone comparison and if they bumped that downtime to 2 - 3 hours earlier or later it wouldn't be so bad for us, and is still far from peak time for most other countries.

Anyway, no downtime on weekends and I can make as much noise as I want then, so hope some of you are up for a game this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient_One View Post
Before I forget. Chief I saw your XP mate after each game and you are one hell of a player. Remind me never to be on the wrong side when playing against you.
It's mostly from reviving people, gives too much xp if you ask me, they should drop it to 5xp for a half revive, 10xp for a full, instead of 10xp for both. I racked up over 1000xp in a game because I just kept reviving people in a Frago area, which gives double. 20xp per revive, plus I managed over 30 revives that game
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 02:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

Shhhh Chief ... the developers might hear you! For those of us that can't shoot straight, it is the only chance we have
Old 19th February 2010, 03:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 44

Quote:
10 steps and Ancient_One is dead. (Knife in the back)
Appologies over the comms from BoOchi777 (Woops wrong button)

Remind me not to mess with you in future if your the Team Leader. Was it something I didn't say?
I knew I would never live that one down.....

Here is what I was thinking when this happened,Great job,we get a group together and my first time playing with most of you,and right out of the gate....bam I knifed you....Don't think it helps any that I just speced into extended knife reach either.

I switched my control set to the marksman one which puts the knife on the left trigger and aiming down the sights on the R3 button.In fire fights I have a bad tendency to accidentally push in the R3,nothing like trying to knife a guy half way across the map.

Quote:
Oh and BoOchi777.............thanks for the knife in the back on the first map we played on. I nearly pissed myself laughing.
Am I a bad person if I admit I did the same?On top of it when I read this......

Quote:
No promises on wild nads and slice & dice action not occurring inter team.
So what happened? I made this same mistake in Demon's Souls constantly where I would put down my controller,then pick it up and smack a NPC.I had to quit out and reload so many times as to not wreck my game.

And again I bumped the darn button and you got a knife to the back of the head.

I have shot friendlies by accident before,granted they were usually the ones that ran in front of my bullets while I am shooting at someone.As for knifing someone well you were the first

Match I played before we all joined up I found out a few things,frustration mixed with a knife and a kamikaze mentality can clear a whole point real fast.Yeah I die,but it gives the squad a chance to grab the point while they all respawn.I tend to wonder if people just panic or what when someone just runs straight at them because that was the response I was getting,some people just froze,while others sprayed bullets at me.

Quote:
We do need one for this special "action" though. I would have won a few for dropping a grenade instead of a heal in the early days of MAG
I pulled that same one a few times as well.

If there are grenades in a game,It is almost a given I will kill myself.You have no idea how many times in Rainbow Six that I would go to throw a grenade through a door and have it bounce off the door frame.Guess it makes sense why I was so nervous around grenades during my combat training years back.

As for the mics,I was a little confused,yeah but I can understand as well.The battery life on these wireless seems pretty low.At a full charge mine was at the halfway mark in about two hours.Plus does not help when my wife is cranking a movie in the background and I am constantly muting to avoid background noise.Plus a usb mic,with either crazy cats running around or my wife tripping on the cord sort of sucks.

I am just glad you could hear me say oops......I know if my mic is not in I struggle to hear what people are saying.

Quote:
As Group Leader I wouldn't worry to much about waiting for responses from the guys prior to joining a game and would probably just pick Directed so the game will put you in a game based on numbers and requirements.
Directives does seem the way to go,plus you get a nice xp bonus as well.Wonder if it will work with those who are a bit lower in level and just default us to a sabotage or acquisition so no one gets left out.

Will be on tonight as long as the downtime does not hit again
BoOchi777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 03:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager

Breezy

I should respec and join the Medic Core.

No worries about the knife. When we took off for point B I noticed machine gun fire whiz past me initially and I thought sh_t someones got it in for me or has a tigger happy finger.

Then the knife. Are you sure it was an accident.

Last edited by Ancient_One; 19th February 2010 at 04:01 PM.
Ancient_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 05:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2080

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Mongrel View Post
Shhhh Chief ... the developers might hear you! For those of us that can't shoot straight, it is the only chance we have
Well here's my plan, we get them to reduce the first revive to 5xp, so that most people respec and drop it because they can't level as quick from it, but those of us who actually want to play medic still get the 10xp revive because we have the improved resuscitation skill.

That way, there's less people reviving others before we can, and therefore more xp for us
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 06:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

I like your thinking