Old 20th February 2010, 09:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles
Ace - Post: 9493

Breezy
Question MAG the way ahead?

I have to say the whole Clan thing is very frustrating.

I found out last night you can't add to a group anyone in a different Faction.

Their is no garrantee that the two Faction clans we have will meet up in the same game.

This is the most frustrating aspect of this game.

The only solution I can come up with is the sole adoption of a single Faction by all TOG players. ie. pick SVER.

My arguments are this:

1. Will allow for members to play alongside each other in a Faction and in a group. Noting we are all on at differing times.

2. If we are all in the same Faction we could help each other achieve Trophies and in games awards.

3. SVER has a high level of damage for their weapons which means killing is that much more easier. The more you kill the faster you level.

4. SVER have an exploit at present which I am sure we would not use that allows you to disarm explosives through doors. (surely they will patch this)

5. Once you level through SVER which should be pretty quickly. You can opt to become a Veteran which will enable you to switch Factions and give you a 10% exp bonus with your next character. (the character level is reset to 1).

6. So as a single group/Faction we could level together, achieve awards and get an actual true feeling for what it is like to be a brother-in-arms.

Please feel free to make comments people. Time is of the essence with regards to changing Faction.

Post Agree or Disagree and why comment.

Old 20th February 2010, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1648

Angry

totally agree. i tried to join some tog guys last night but ended up elswhere ? is this because i'm new and not at a level where i can join you guys ? have a fantastic death/kill ratio :P but enjoying the game very much. at least theres time to actually get up and running in this game before being taken out (very frustrating after all that running at times though) got sniped on the drop from the plane which i though was a bit lame. i have sver on my US account and raven on my aus account. very happy to go with what ever is decided
Old 20th February 2010, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles

Breezy

Yes some of the maps are dependent on level of the character.
Yet another hurdle I didn't think about for the group scenario.

If we pick Directed with a group of players it will drop us into a game based on the lowest denominator. At least that's what I'm hoping will happen. In saying that it should be pretty quick to level at any rate with a few TOGGER's in the same game/squad to help out. re. defend you.
Old 20th February 2010, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 874

Fine

I have got a feeling that a patch will soon come out and change a lot of characteristics of the game like balance out the game a lot more and remove that exploit you mentioned. Well I would hope so. The game is already SVER dominated which makes it not that fun to play if it keeps going that way.
Just my thoughts
jonny2combz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 05:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 84

I have to agree with picking one faction.

I already have a SVER account so it is not a huge deal,but I will say after last night I was getting very frustrated on Raven.

I saw you guys jump into that domination game I was in last night,and that was pretty much typical of how my whole night was.

Take out everything and get to the last set of burn off towers,all so the door glitch can be used against us.I have told the people in my squads over and over again,don't bother going in that way there is an exploit.....no one listens.

When on defense it was just as horrible,they would wipe out our bunkers,hit the anti air and it was pretty much over.Good command in Raven right now is few and far between,not to mention when almost no one is wearing a mic.

I feel like I am patiently waiting out losing so I can get XP and hardly any one is even trying.

Sad thing is I played two matches on my SVER account and those matches were just as bad.I really am starting to think it is just my luck.

I love the game,but these balance issues need to get sorted out.

Which ever is decided I am game,even if Valor somehow gets thrown into the mix.
BoOchi777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 07:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6657

Grumpy

I would be happy to go with the flow makes little odds to me
Old 21st February 2010, 07:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2633

A_1, The game is still fairly new, and they're still making v1.0x patches. Perhaps a well written email on behalf of TOG (AFAIK, the world's largest gaming group with a humungous amount of combined gaming experience) to Zipper interactive outlining our desires to have the ability to play not only with, but against each other as a unified body wouldn't go astray.
Ask ZI for a plus feature. Even if it's only in the form of a list of "favourite opponent clans".

As johnny2combs said, it's probably on their "to do" list of the next patch which is probably coming soon - but if players don't ASK, they won't know it's a wanted feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozivillan View Post
got sniped on the drop from the plane which i though was a bit lame.
Yeh, I've had this happen before too. Perhaps in that email to ZI, we can mention we want the ability to at least be able to shoot while falling!

Last edited by Cadder; 21st February 2010 at 07:58 AM.
Cadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 08:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4349

Goofy

Great post Cadder.
Old 21st February 2010, 12:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles

Breezy

Their is an award for killing parra's so don't be surprised if they take you out on the way down.

I have to admit that would be one hell of a shot your not in the air for all that long so snap and shoot would have been the play.

Give credit where credit is due I say.
Old 21st February 2010, 02:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient_One View Post
There is an award for killing parra's so don't be surprised if they take you out on the way down.

I have to admit that would be one hell of a shot your not in the air for all that long so snap and shoot would have been the play.

Give credit where credit is due I say.
Fairy nuff! I didn't realise it was a trophy opportunity, so yeah, OK. I'm fair game and I'll cop it sweet in future.