Old 27th February 2010, 12:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager
Ace - Post: 9098

Breezy
Angry MAG Problems since Patch 1.03

The contents of a post I placed on the MAG Forums.

1. Created a group containing clan members. I could not communicate with them but could hear them. They could communicate with each other. My headset was working perfectly just not in the group and not since patch 1.03

2. Joining a game with a group caused members in the group to be added to other games fragmenting the group into smaller groups or individuals. ie leaving them out. Also was joined to a game with only 2 minutes left to run.

3. Was kicked from the game while waiting for the game to start on a map. As the counter decreased to place us on the map with the spawn timer was ejected from the game back to the start up screen.

None of these issues occurred prior to patch 1.03.

Our organisation was saying how well the game played and how much we enjoyed playing but now we are experiencing serious issues which will have an impact on us playing the game.

This is a major disappointment and if it is at all possible please reverse engineer the patch back to 1.02

Will report any further problems once we get some more game time in.

If anyone else is experiencing problems please add here.

Old 27th February 2010, 02:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 44

Odd was playing with one other person most of the night and we were split up one time.

The two of us were also joined into several ending matches,with next to no time left in them.

On another end,the guns do not seem to feel right and just spent some time going through the forums to confirm my suspicions.I know they rebalanced etc,yet something is very odd.

It just may be on my end but the map loading time seems real long now as well.

If you switch your rocket launcher in the middle of a reload and switch back again you end up with some weird animations,and this happened a ton.Most times it has blocked a large portion of my screen.

There are some other odd issues but I am not sure what to make of them yet,so I will wait and see before I mention them.

This is pretty embarrassing when I have been talking this game up to my friend and now he gets it and it is a mess.

I hope they get this stuff fixed,we were having fun.

Last edited by BoOchi777; 27th February 2010 at 03:24 AM.
BoOchi777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 09:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

The issues I had was:
  • After excepting a group invite from A_1, I was left behind for two matches (I was left waiting at the main screen).
  • I could not hear A_1 or Ozivillian (Not sure if Oz had a headset though)
  • If I tried to connect to a game with Bo0Chi777 (or sometimes Cadder) was in, I got disconnected from the server all together. Except for one occasion ... talk about that in a minute.

While annoying, I am sure they will fix it soon and the world of MAG will be right again

Couple of bad things, not created by the Patch:

I did a respec and went from assault rifle to SMG (P90). Dumbest respec ever ... that gun is useless. I figured as most of my combat was close quarters and needed to be fast as I am mostly switching from heals to gun and back again the SMG would fit the bill. NOPE!

The gun jumps around like a frog in a sock! Only another 900xp to respec /sigh

Maybe the gun sucks because of the patch? I am sure it has nothing at all to do with my crappy aiming skills!

The one game I did get into that Bo0 was in, I got stuck in a squad with two of the angriest men I have ever heard. For the record, if you are leading a squad, you do NOT motivate your troops by continually stating:
  • How retarded your fellow squad mates are.
  • How (insert various expletives here) useless are you, you (insert various expletives here)?

As this session was very long, and these guys did not pause in their tirade, it made for a very unpleasant game. Players like that should not be playing team games.

Side note: Anyone figure out how to mute someone? I could not find the option

Tip: If you are a squad leader and the team is not doing what you feel they should be doing, try explaining what you want done, not just spout angry babble at the top of your lungs.

Apart from all that, I did not have to bad a time as I am a healing god!

Just wish I could have communicated with my fellow Lunatics more.

Always next session

A_1 do you have a link to your MAG post, I would love to read the responses.

Last edited by Pure Mongrel; 27th February 2010 at 09:36 AM.
Pure Mongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 11:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager

Breezy

Mate no responses everyone is post their own complaints which has pushed mine to page 2.

Their is a lot of upset people out their and this company will need to apply a patch quickish if they wish to maintain a good following.

MAG Official Forum

My post.

Oh and another thing I noticed. My respec count reverted to 3000 again. Did anyone notice this change. I was up to 10,000 up until the patch as I have done a respec 3 times before.
So obviously I took advantage of that.
Old 27th February 2010, 12:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1463

Goofy

I had a quick go yesterday and only had one problem. I would spawned back at the start instead of the plane in the sabotage map. I hope they sort out the problems, I really love this game and I would hate to see people stop playing because they won't stop tinkering with it.

PC - TOG|Click PS3-PSN - clickaus Guild Wars 2 - clickaus.9170
click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 02:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2097

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Mongrel View Post

I did a respec and went from assault rifle to SMG (P90). Dumbest respec ever ... that gun is useless. I figured as most of my combat was close quarters and needed to be fast as I am mostly switching from heals to gun and back again the SMG would fit the bill. NOPE!

The gun jumps around like a frog in a sock! Only another 900xp to respec /sigh

Maybe the gun sucks because of the patch? I am sure it has nothing at all to do with my crappy aiming skills!

Damn, I coulda told you that. I went the SMG path on my SVER character and it was great, especially silenced. Figured I'd do the same on my Raven guy and it was just terrible. The gun is weak as piss and so inaccurate, becomes useless with the silencer on. Had to get 5k xp to respec again too
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 02:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2421 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Goofy

Anyone noticing self-kills with missiles occuring with the new patch?

I had a few today - saw what I assumed was my explosion where I pointed the damn thing, then died and it said "FunkyJ >Rocket> FunkyJ"
FunkyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 06:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Anyone noticing self-kills with missiles occuring with the new patch?
Yeah did not think much of it,until you mentioned it.

Quote:
I did a respec and went from assault rifle to SMG (P90). Dumbest respec ever ...
Did the same,it was not all that great before but now it is worse.Went back to Assault rifle and they are useless as well now.The accuracy on all guns except LMG and sniper are botched.

Quote:
The one game I did get into that Bo0 was in, I got stuck in a squad with two of the angriest men I have ever heard. For the record, if you are leading a squad, you do NOT motivate your troops by continually stating:
How retarded your fellow squad mates are.
How (insert various expletives here) useless are you, you (insert various expletives here)?
I unticked the leader button last night so I hope that this was not me,I know I was very frustrated last night but do not recall stating most of it a loud.Between the patch and my friend constantly griping at me in group chat telling me how crap the game is,I was pretty angry by the time I got off.

Quote:
Side note: Anyone figure out how to mute someone? I could not find the option
Press start,then in the player List hit the Block option,I just figured this out a couple of days ago.

I was going to avoid BF BC2 but if they do not fix this soon it looks like I have an excuse to get it,even though the demo feels clunky to me.I have always loved there games in the past so I will have to see.

Quote:
Their is a lot of upset people out their and this company will need to apply a patch quickish if they wish to maintain a good following.
I hope so,I really enjoyed this game.Now it is painful to play.

I am not happy about the fact that if I want to even have a chance at downing people on the other team I have to spec into LMG....Other wise I just waste a clip on some ones head while they stand there and look at me as they hose me with a LMG.My knife is getting more kills than I am with the assault rifle.

Oh and anyone else notice that the stats are borked as well?

It says I have 0 kills and 0 deaths and some areas are filled in and others are just zeroed out.
Old 1st March 2010, 11:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager

Breezy

Oh dear. Here was me going to say I'm still enjoying the game.

Went up a few levels on the weekend and game play was smooth.

I only use the assault rifle so can't say to much about any issues with other weapons other than to say they can kill rather quickly at times.

I blew myself up last night with an Anti Personal Mine. Someone must have come through as I was setting it. Ancient_One > Anti Personel Mine > Ancient_One. Just made me laugh as this has happened before but I thought the patch was supposed to fix it.?

Noticed items set by me do stay after I die so that was a good fix.

For the most part I'm still enjoying the game and will continue to play. See you all online.
Old 1st March 2010, 05:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yeah I am now too.

First day or so of patch a few things felt off at first,but now it seems fine.Just needed a bit of time for the kinks to get worked out I suspect.

Finally settled on a solid build and it is working well,just one more point then I get the motion sensor.

Very close to the next command level and the more I lead a squad the more I like command and how it is integrated into the game.