Old 12th March 2010, 03:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2541

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
Anyway what would you guys do without me
We'd have fewer vehicle deaths...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Mongrel View Post
Going to take more than a video to stop me from being a Noob!
I hate the word Noob ... to close to Nob
Going to take more than a video to stop you from being a nob too

Quote:
MAG will be my mainstay FPS.
True dat.

Last edited by Cadder; 12th March 2010 at 04:51 PM.
Cadder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12th March 2010, 04:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 866

Fine

I might swap a couple of games for it but we will see
jonny2combz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2010, 04:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1646

Angry

Quote:

I played it for the first time last night ... I have mixed feelings.

The single player is great (although fade to black every cut screen is a bit much) and I am enjoying that.

I tried multi-player and I ended up "rage quitting"

This game has a lot of potential but two things struck me early on ... It is not MAG (Very different play style) and the early levels are going to be tough as you only have the most basic of equipment vs those that have already gained 20 to 30 levels +

I literally spawned - died, spawned - died, rinse - repeat. I could only get into one game mode (others were empty?) so please don't take these comments as a review ... only a first impression.

I will continue with this game as I feel it has great potential, but I would really like to attempt multi-player again with a few TOGers along side
The multiplayer is heading the same way the the COD series has gone. for casual gamers it's hard to drop into a game with low xp points (or whatever they are called in BF3 BC) and have a fun time. have been reading around and the boosting thats going on is going to make me give this one up. enjoying the Single player mode. as i said before after a couple of days people were up around the level 25 to 30. i doubt i will get anywhere near that sort of level before i become bored with the game. at least in MAG you can stay alive a little bit longer after spawning. and i feel the team element in MAG is more solid. rather than the Audie Murphy mentality that goes on in some games
Old 12th March 2010, 05:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1463

Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny2combz View Post
I might swap a couple of games for it but we will see
Thats what I did and they gave me the limited edition by mistake

PC - TOG|Click PS3-PSN - clickaus Guild Wars 2 - clickaus.9170
click is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2010, 08:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

I am playing through the single player at the moment. It is actually rather good.
I am enjoying it more than the MW2 single player.

The sound in this game is outstanding!
Old 13th March 2010, 12:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 669

Cheeky

The MP system in BC2 is alot more casual gamer friendly than most MP shooters. Yes you need to unlock stuff, but each class has it's own points requirements so if you like playing assault, you can concentrate on that and have everything in that class unlocked well before you're even lvl10, this allows you to have a fairly deadly arsenal even at very low levels (yes lvl10 is very low considering it goes up to lvl55 with increasing exp requirements per lvl)

My advice is to go with medic as a starter, you unlock the Med Kit and Defib very early and they are a very good source of points. The LMGs are a good all round weapon which can be made even more deadly with the later on upgrades.

As for staying alive after spawning, just spawn on a squad mate. This game relies heavily on teamwork, the option of spawning on a teammate makes it alot easier to avoid spawn campers and even allows you to spawn in past enemy defences! Not to mention the massive bonuses you get for supporting a squad member (double points)!

The only times when the entire team will end up getting spawn ***** is when there is a massive skill difference between the two teams, or worse yet if the entire team gets pushed into a corner because they all went with snipers, level difference really doesnt do much since I've come up against much lower level players with more advanced weapons than me simply because I made the mistake of trying to unlock all my classes evenly rather than focusing on one at a time :S

^.^
Mysterio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 01:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 940

Guys first off. You know I love you guys, but THIS GAME IS NOT MAG.

So coming from a gamer who has not played MAG, I love this game. MP is better that MW2 cause it relies heavily on teamwork. Maps are WAY BIGGER, and sound effects are superb. Like Myst said, ALWAYS join a squad. You get more points by getting kill assists, resupplying and whatnot.

This game is brilliant ESPECIALLY when you are on coms with someone. Firemedic and I had some GREAT games while we were on a squad together. since we were on coms. Communication is key and we DOMINATED.

Vehicles are great, and unlocking weapons is generally easy. I find myself doing quite well against players of higher levels. Sniping is preferred for me, since the maps are so much bigger. You have motion sensors to alert you to enemy presence nearby, and you can call in mortar strikes. I unlocked all of that plus 4 different sniper rifles and I am only on level four.

Levels mean nothing in this game, its the experience. And that can be greatly achieved just by joining a squad.

Great game. Maybe MAG is better, but I'll never know.

Fall-Of-Enosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 01:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 30

Amazed

Single Player:

Story 8.5/10: Although it is the usual go against your superior's, be betrayed by someone, and save the world; the presentation of the usual story is superb. Atleast the weapon threatening the USA, and the means to provide the downfall of the USA was original. The main story is too short thought, but atleast the characters make it enjoyable enough for more than one playthrough. I must give kudo's for the beginning tutorial, as it places you in the mission that is the background for the story.

Graphics 9/10: Simply put . . . beautiful. The jungles are lush and green with swaying trees and moving sun rays and spectacular shadows. The winter enviorments are amazing with the depiction of snow around buildings, moutains, stairs etc.. Deserts made me feel hot with the sun shining bright and relfecting off the sand and huge sand dunes. What really amazed me was the blowing snow and sand, which makes sniping or long range shooting tactical. I am sure they may be better graphics on one game or another but I really fell in love with the look of this game.

Sound 10/10: UNBELIEVEABLE. I have never played a game with sounds as amazing, realistic and sharp as this game. The first hour or two of game play had me jumping out of my socks at the gunfire or explosions coming through the surround sound. I am still amazed this game is on dvd (360 version) because blu-ray sound is usually the best but the sound fromt he game surpasses any blu-ray I have heard.

Difficulty 8/10: With some spots of difficulty I would say it is not that difficult. I easily finished the campaign on Medium, and I am having no problems with Hard. It does have difficult spots that may take more than one try though, but nothing to frustrating.

Multiplayer: 25-30 hours of gametime:

Ease of getting in the game 8/10: Fairly easy. There are several modes to choose from, several maps to choose from and you have the option of being specific in your search or opting to find any game in each category. Shortly after release there was / has been some connectivity issues, but rarely have I had no connectivity.

Interactions 8.5/10: Controlled is the best way to put it. Although you could technically spawn camp, it is / would be difficult due to the game mechanics. During your first few hours of MP it will feel like everyone is spawn camping, but after you get the feel of the game play you will understand that it is more of bad timing / bad luck. As far as voice / chat , not many use the voice and if you dont wnat to listen to the kids run their mouth / sing you can unplug the headset and play without fear of being kicked.

Fun factor (including difficulty) 8/10: In the beginning you will definitely feel overwhelmed and possibly frustrated. However after a little work over a few hours you will begin to march up the ranks. There are 5 diffrent classes and your rank to level up. All points go towards your rank, where as only points scored using your class go to class leveling up. Conquest and Rush modes can be dizzying due to being overwhelmed but squad deathmatch is 4 diffrent squads out to kill each other (every squad for themselves) so the concentration isnt just on your squad. As you level up you unlock spec. items, weapons etc.. I find the septup very rewarding and fun. The competition is pretty fierce and I sometimes find myself irritated due to being slaughtered relentlessly. Playing with friends and joking over voice helps in maintaining vigilance lol. Class difficulty would be something like . . . Recon: Hard; Medic: Medium; Assault: Easy; Engineer: Medium; Vehicles: Hard.

Mechanics 8/10: Battle mechanics appear consistent. Sniping halfway across the map doesnt give a lot of bullet drop, but using a 12x scope and sniping further than halfway will have you factoring a click above the head. Sniping moving targets requires you to lead the target aka bullet flight speed. If you hold the trigger down on a machine gun its gonna do nothing but spray everything but your target. RPG's drop over distance etc..

Overall thoughts 8.5/10:

Overall I find this game is a complete package and worth buying. The game is fun, strategic, tactical, slightly customizable and competative . Although the single player is a bit short (but sweet) and the multiplayer frustrating to get started against people with time already in; I feel it is worth it. The graphics and sounds along with classes and customization through spec items makes the enjoyment of multiplayer much higher than the frustration. It is possible to have private matches but you need 8 players, so that could be an answer to your frustration. I may not make games for a living, but I have sure played my fair share! And I give this game two thumbs up .
Old 13th March 2010, 06:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 338

Dead

my 'special edition' is still in the post
damn it. how long should a package take when it's only coming from melbourne!!!!!

PSN: sellfcon
maggot_bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 06:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2541

grr. After reading FOE and Firemedic's reviews, maybe I should change my name from Cadder to Pendulum.