Old 13th March 2010, 07:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

MAG is different. I am warming more and more to BFBC2 so both have a home in my house

Nice reviews and comments ... Firemedic, nice work mate. If you want to do some regular review work TOG has been screaming out for a console games reviewer ever since Arep hung up his keyboard to concentrate on his family. I could get some one in admin to contact you if you would like to submit some articles in the future.

I will just wait for Cadder to swing past and see if he picked up a copy ..

If you have a surround sound system ... this game will make you very happy!

Old 13th March 2010, 09:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 669

Cheeky

Quote:
If you have a surround sound system ... this game will make you very happy!
or get you yell at constantly....
my gf really doesnt like it when i turn on the entire sound system and put it on full volume just so that i can hear (even feel to a certain extent) where the bullets are coming from.... apparently having very loud explosions that shake the house constantly distracts her....

^.^
Mysterio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 10:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6616

Grumpy

Great reading guys some nice stuff here.

Ive been thinking about installing surround sound but the room where i play my games is pretty small not really sure if it would be suitable
Old 14th March 2010, 01:43 AM   #24 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 903

Mellow

Had a similar experience in BFc2 last night and just had to make this

Old 14th March 2010, 01:46 AM   #25 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1643

Angry

the more i play multiplayer the less i'm liking it. usual twats spawning on vehicles and then tacking off with no one else on board. do medics actually do anything in this game ? havn;t been revived once. just seems a long time between action. maybe have been spoilt with the relentless action thats going on in MAG. as for the servers they seem to be down more than they are up. don't think i will get it on PS3.
Old 14th March 2010, 01:49 AM   #26 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1643

Angry

[QUOTE=Dragonhammer;2725673]Had a similar experience in BFc2 last night and just had to make this ]

How many times have you scroled down to join a team mate to find they are all snipers epic fail
Old 14th March 2010, 02:02 AM   #27 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 903

Mellow

There is nothing worse then having a bunch of snipers camping together.
I wonder when the time will come that they realise that while they are standing there with their pecker in their hands nobody is capturing flags.
Old 14th March 2010, 07:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawheidbob View Post
Great reading guys some nice stuff here.

Ive been thinking about installing surround sound but the room where i play my games is pretty small not really sure if it would be suitable
Mate you could be playing in a shoe box (literally) ... there is always room for surround sound!

You don't have to spend crazy money either! (hmmm sweet irony coming from the man who is considering a quote for theater speakers @ 10K )

You can hook your PS3 up to some great sounding Logitech 5.1 PC speakers.

At the lower end of the scale you can get a set of 5.1's that sound good, but only simulate surround sound. (You get an adapter that you plug your consoles stereo cables into).

For example: The Logitech Logitech X530 5.1 ($68 AUS)

If your budget will allow get a set that has an optical input. (This gives you true surround sound). For example: I run the Logitech Z5500THX in my office. ($395 AUS) I love these speakers!

These sound awesome and in a small room, it will sound like your in a cinema

Dragonhammer: Mate I am envious! I have always wanted to be part of a squad made up completely of Wookies!

Last edited by Pure Mongrel; 14th March 2010 at 07:23 AM.
Pure Mongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 07:24 AM   #29 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 939

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozivillan View Post
the more i play multiplayer the less i'm liking it. usual twats spawning on vehicles and then tacking off with no one else on board. do medics actually do anything in this game ? havn;t been revived once. just seems a long time between action. maybe have been spoilt with the relentless action thats going on in MAG. as for the servers they seem to be down more than they are up. don't think i will get it on PS3.
You're right mate. It seems as though no one is team oriented in this game. Which is sad, because the pushes teamwork. BUT, if you get on with Toggers like Firemedic and I were, it's constant team playing.

Fire was running the medic while I was running the assault class (able to throw ammo boxes), and even though we didn't win the round we had great fun. And I think we came in second and there was only two of us on our squad! Everyone else had four!

We were held down in one house for most of the round, Fire constantly reviving or giving me health and me keeping us supplied.

Being on a squad is KEY. And if you have a squad of four, it would be important to have one of each class.

The squads and the teamwork is what makes it fun.

I would absolutely LOVE to play a few rounds with a squad full of Toggers on coms.

Guaranteed we would dominate for sure.

Fall-Of-Enosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 10:15 AM   #30 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6616

Grumpy

Thanks very much PM i will check those out tomorrow.

Sounds like you guys are having a different experience to BFBC2 on consoles that i am getting with the PC version.

Hope it all gets better but ofc there is always mag to fall back on