The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Games Talk (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/games-talk/)
-   -   BF-BC 2 Impressions (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/games-talk/289154-bf-bc-2-impressions.html)

Pure Mongrel 12th March 2010 08:50 AM

BF-BC 2 Impressions

I moved this post from the member thread as this is a better place to discuss the game itself.

I played it for the first time last night ... I have mixed feelings.

The single player is great (although fade to black every cut screen is a bit much) and I am enjoying that.

I tried multi-player and I ended up "rage quitting" :oops:

This game has a lot of potential but two things struck me early on ... It is not MAG (Very different play style) and the early levels are going to be tough as you only have the most basic of equipment vs those that have already gained 20 to 30 levels +

I literally spawned - died, spawned - died, rinse - repeat. I could only get into one game mode (others were empty?) so please don't take these comments as a review ... only a first impression.

I will continue with this game as I feel it has great potential, but I would really like to attempt multi-player again with a few TOGers along side ;)

click 12th March 2010 09:24 AM

My thoughts exactly.

First impressions for me are Platinum (hopefully) then Sell
I think your right about MP being hard at the start. I am waiting for some of the good guns I have used in the SP. I am finding it hard to spot the enemy in SP and MP. Hopefully it will get easier the more I play. A friend of mine already has platinum. He said he would so me how to play and give me heaps of tips.
Any good ones I will pass on here

Got to get better :?

Bawheidbob 12th March 2010 09:59 AM

Great game Mag will go on ebay this weekend i wont be bothering with that now this has arrived.

You are right about the lvl 20-30 guys but for me they would probably kill me just as easily at level 1 :)

I await the arrival of the infantry only servers though i just do not have much time for the choppers :)

click 12th March 2010 11:26 AM

Just had another quick go at BFBC2 TANK WARS :)

Ancient_One 12th March 2010 11:42 AM

Your all sad sad people.

I shall continue the good fight in MAG See you all around.

Cadder 12th March 2010 12:12 PM

I've been waiting for the valued opinions of some TOGgers before I decide wether or not to shell out another bunch of bucks on a game this month.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancient_One (Post 2723921)
I shall continue the good fight in MAG See you all around.

Me too.

click 12th March 2010 12:43 PM

I going to give it a few more nights then probably head back to MAG. Anyway what would you guys do without me :p

Pure Mongrel 12th March 2010 01:24 PM

MAG will be my mainstay FPS. I am just addicted to the fast pace and massive maps / objectives.

I have a feeling you get more out of BFBC2 on PC ... but I have not given up on it. ;)

Edit: Ok here is a tip: Don't play MAG straight after playing BFBC2 ... the buttons are all different and your aim gets thrown out! :eek:

click 12th March 2010 03:23 PM

This might help us

YouTube - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - How Not To Be A Noob

Pure Mongrel 12th March 2010 03:32 PM

Going to take more than a video to stop me from being a Noob! :eek:

I hate the word Noob ... to close to Nob :(

Edit: Good Video!