Old 12th March 2010, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles
Ace - Post: 9327

Breezy
Thumbs up MAG Patch 1.04 now live and Free Bonus Armor

MAG PS3 Patch 1.04 Incoming and Free Bonus Armor

Read more: MAG PS3 Patch 1.04 Incoming and Free Bonus Armor - PS3 NEWS - PlayStation 3 News - PS3 Hacks

Today Jeremy Dunham has updated the official blog with details of the incoming MAG PS3 Patch 1.04, and he also shared news of free bonus armor.

To quote: First up is the availability of our pre-order bonus armor!

Originally offered as part of our incentive plan to those who purchased the game prior to its release on January 26, these special “medium improved” armor types and their faction-specific camo (Spyder for Raven, Hazard for SVER, and Bulldog for Valor) are now accessible to any and all MAG players in North America starting today, March 11.

The best part? They’re all free! All you have to do is log on to the PlayStation Store after today’s update and grab ‘em when you see ‘em. Once they’ve been obtained, your new armor can then be found in-game between the medium and heavy armor types when prepping your character in the loadout screen.

Expect it to take up 800ccs of your total capacity. Stay tuned for bonus armor release timing in other regions outside of North America in the near future.

But that’s not all. We’re also pleased to announce that the latest patch update is coming too! Available starting tomorrow, March 12, at 1am Pacific/ 4am Eastern/ 9am GMT, our new patch tidies up a few technical things while also addressing two bigger items: fixing a bug that allowed downed players to revive inside geometry like vehicles and objectives, in addition to blocking several “lag pedal” exploits from users that employ special devices as an attempt to cheat (Busted!).

Patch v1.04 - Available March 12, 2010 | 40MB (TPPS), 30MB (DLS)

Gameplay

• Fixed bug that made it possible for incapacitated players to be revived inside geometry (objectives, vehicles, walls, bridges, etc.).
• Corrected “Kills at 120m” stat display bug.

Weapons

• Sniper rifles have been tuned to be less effective when they’re not scoped.
• Slightly pushed out “effective” range of all short-ranged weapons (pistols, PDWs, shotguns, SMGs).

Interface

• Fixed error text “undefined Unnamed” and the appearance of a blue APC icon that appeared when a Squad Leader FRAGO’d an APC objective.

Server

• Significant anti-cheat improvement that minimizes and blocks several “lag pedal” device exploits.
• Enhanced all queues to accept Zipper-activated “Directives” game states.

Read more: MAG PS3 Patch 1.04 Incoming and Free Bonus Armor - PS3 NEWS - PlayStation 3 News - PS3 Hacks

Old 12th March 2010, 09:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2152

Confused

Wondered when they'd release the other armour, though I hear it can be tricky to kit with because of it's cost (800) which doesn't fit as well with other gear.

Hmm, wonder if I log in to my US account and download will it work on my AU account? Guess I'd better check

When I'm not hooked on FF13 that is
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 12:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1647

Angry

nice to see the game getting regular updates
Old 13th March 2010, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles

Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Hmm, wonder if I log in to my US account and download will it work on my AU account? Guess I'd better check
Save you the trouble mate. Doesn't work. Tried it.

Quote:
Gameplay

• Fixed bug that made it possible for incapacitated players to be revived inside geometry (objectives, vehicles, walls, bridges, etc.).
I noticed last night when you die trying to plant explosives on an object. If someone revives you, you get stuck on the object and the game freezes requiring a restart of the PS3.

I wish when they fix issues they conduct better testing to ensure that the fix hasn't effected other parts of the game.

Thumbs up for trying though.
Old 13th March 2010, 04:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles

Breezy

Woops. So how come they didn't know that the patch would fix all issues. Don't they first test the patches before release.?

Anyway they are at least trying to resolve any issues.

Still a good game.

Quote:
Note: Though we originally stated that v1.04 had a fix that prevented users from spawning inside geometry, we have since discovered that the update did not solve all occurences. Though we have indeed made a correction so that characters colliding with geometry will now resurrect towards the player that revived them, it has not fully solved the unintended result of players reviving inside geometry like objectives and walls. We apologize for the confusion and are working towards a resolution to be found in a future update.

For a full list of changes, scroll down to the catalog below and, as per usual, you can find the complete history of MAG fixes and patches by visiting Patch Notes.
Old 13th March 2010, 06:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 59

Hmm wonder if I will still fall through the world when spawning

Some of the fixes look good,will have to check it out later.

As for the armor yeah it weighs in at 800c and is pretty much not usable with my load outs,still nice that they evened the playing field by giving it away.

Now lets hope the directives queue is working right.I thought it was acting sort of funky for a while.