Old 14th March 2010, 02:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 75

Goofy
Default Backbreaker

I searched the forums here and didn't see anything about this game, so I apologize in advance if I missed a thread.
Anyone planning on playing Backbreaker?

Backbreaker

Everyone is talking about the euphoria engine, which will eliminate the predetermined tackle animations and will make the game look and feel more realistic. But I am also looking forward to how the league is set-up... much like european football (soccer)? At least that's what they say, I have to take their word for it. If you are a top 3 team (I believe it is three) in your league you move up to the next higher league. Plus I am looking forward to a game that is not Madden or Blitz.

<<BC2 sig coming soon>>

█╬╬╬╬╬╬|{▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
WickedWookiee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14th March 2010, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

I had not heard anything about it, but being a "HUGE" gridiron fan, I will be keeping an eye on this one.
Old 15th March 2010, 06:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Mongrel View Post
I had not heard anything about it, but being a "HUGE" gridiron fan, I will be keeping an eye on this one.
The trailers remind me of Gridiron a bit, I only rented Gridiron so don't have much experience with it. I may do a rental on Backbreaker as well. Then if I like it I will buy.

<<BC2 sig coming soon>>

Old 15th March 2010, 08:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

Gridiron is what we call American Football here in Australia. I love American Football as much as I love Rugby League (and anyone who knows me, knows how much I love Rugby League! )

I played in the NTGL (Northern Territory Gridiron League) for a number of years (First for the Nightcliff Dark Angels, than the Darwin University Tigers) until I blew out my knee. I then coached for a couple of years after that, but found it very hard as all I wanted to do was get back on the field.

Never played Gridiron the video game, was it any good. My favourite American Football game to date was NFL 2K5.

I am hanging out for an American Football game that can be played online here in Oz. The lag just cripples the game for most of us here.

Maybe Back Breaker will fix this for us? (Not holding my breath ... but I am hopeful! )
Old 15th March 2010, 11:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Goofy

Oh, I see. I thought you were talking about a different video game. Turns out I was confused and thought the All Pro Football 2K8 game was called Gridiron. They sound so similar you see? No? That game was okay. Definite rental, for a day or two max and that's it for me.

<<BC2 sig coming soon>>