Patch Alert: MAG v1.04a
posted by Jeremy Dunham
, March 16, 2010 11:00 am
Ask any shooting game aficionado you know and they’ll tell you that “balance” is the key to success. After all, you can have all the bells, whistles, and kitchen sinks on the planet but at the end of the day, it’s how well your game plays over time that keeps people coming back. It’s with that philosophy in mind that we’re releasing the first of several planned updates for MAG in the coming weeks and months, version 1.04a.
This latest patch addresses a number of balance-related housekeeping bits that should even the battlefields of Syr Daria Uplink and the overall Sabotage game type quite bit. Besides an adjustment that’s been made to all Sabotage player boundaries in an effort to put the kibosh on “spawn camping” exploits, v1.04a also adds a number of map-specific changes to S.V.E.R.’s Sabo homeland.
The map, which previously favored the defenders too heavily, is now much more contestable for attackers and defenders alike.
Get used to the distance, spawn camping is going away.
MAG v.1.04a will be available starting tomorrow, March 17, at 1am Pacific/ 4am Eastern/ 9am GMT.
For the full list of changes in today’s update, scroll below, and for the complete history of MAG fixes and patches, don’t forget to visit our official patch notes page at Patch Notes.
Available March 17, 2010 | N/A (TPPS), 84MB (DLS)
Map – Syr Daria Uplink
- Adjusted player boundaries to limit “spawn camping” exploits in Darien Network, Copper Hills Relay and Syr Daria Uplink maps.
- Pushed in physical defensive boundary for Attacker’s “Alpha Squad” spawns 10 meters.
- Removed two short staircases in front of Attacker’s “Alpha Squad” spawn.
- Relocated box truck to block sightline on attacker’s right side at “Objective A” stairwell.
- Added box truck to block sightline exploit to Attacker’s “Alpha” squad main entrance.
- Added fence line to Attacker’s right side at “Objective A.”
- Pushed parachute drop near “Objective C” forward by 25 meters.
- Added new entrance to “Objective C” building in right corner.
- Added additional geometry near “Objective C” to block sightline exploits near main door.
- Added and removed various small object and panel locations to repair or enhance sightlines.
- Multiple terrain repaints in various locations.
- Fixed crash that sometimes occurred when reviving players who died while interacting with objective.
Want to talk about it? You can comment on this post by clicking this link