Old 20th March 2010, 04:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2142

Confused
Default Bad Company 2 Tips

Figured I'd make this thread as I've been playing a lot lately and have figured out why they call it Bad Company; Most people seem to be incredibly bad at the game. They don't seem to get the most basic concepts that are integral to a team based game like this.

Not that I'm a particularly good player, but none the less, here are 3 simple rules that have helped me (and as a result, the team I'm on) improve considerably.

1. You're not a L337 5n1p4h. Seriously, almost every game has way too many people playing recon, and they all suck at it as they think it's just a class for sniping. It's not, the Recon's main focus should be to spot enemies, cover objectives and call in Aunt Hillary (sorry, lame Wolf ET joke). Hate joining a squad to find I have 3 teammates just camping on the obvious sniper hill and dying every minute because their position and crap aim is so predictable.

2. Spot as often as possible, especially if you are sniping. All you have to do is press Select when you see an enemy. Being able to determine where enemies are gives your team a huge advantage, and if one of the enemies spotted is killed by a teammate, you get 20 points for a Spot Assist. Most games I've played as a Recon I've managed to get more points from spotting than from actually killing people (probably because I'm a crap shot )

3. Swap kits. When a player dies, they drop their gear. If you're low on ammo, or find a kit that's more useful to the current situation than the one you're using, then don't be afraid to pick it up. This is especially useful when a Medic dies near you, just pick up his kit and revive him. He'll be swapped to whatever kit you had, but he's still more useful alive, and it gets your team a respawn ticket back. If you're low level then changing kits at every opportunity is a great option as it will allow you to use gear you may not have unlocked yet, likely resulting in you earning yourself more points as well as being more useful to your team.

I'm still a noob at this game though, so if anyone has some tips to share it'd be much appreciated.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20th March 2010, 05:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6639

Grumpy

Good stuff thanks
Old 20th March 2010, 07:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Correspondent
Retired Advisor
Correspondent
Retired Advisor
Elite - Post: 2913

Lurking

You are absolutely right about the number of recon. I played the other night and I'd have to say that it was probably 80% recon on both sides. Absolutely ridiculous. I had a lot off fun as assault spotting folks and watching them get lit up by our snipers. I also had a great time knifing their snipers in the back.

"...through victory my chains are broken"
Arep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 09:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1464

Goofy

Nice Tips Chief

My number 1 tip is - PLAY WITH FRIENDS
Since buying battlefield I have met about 10 new friends ingame. Usually I have hooked up with the same 3-4 guys and we play squad deathmatch (mainly). If your in a squad that is working together your almost unbeatable. The other night I played for about 4 hrs and we won all of them.

Battlefield is an awesome game, especially once you level up

PC - TOG|Click PS3-PSN - clickaus Guild Wars 2 - clickaus.9170
click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2010, 01:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 669

Cheeky

Most people who snipe dont realise how deadly the red dot sight is with some of the semi-auto rifles... even though i camp a fair bit with the GOL, i have just as many kills with a red dot SVU when i go close range.

Also most players expect recon to be snipers and they try to close in for the kill, so it's always good fun to surprise them with a shotty to the face.

work with your squad, it gives double the points!

RPG + bigger explosions + extra explosives perks is like noobtubes + sonic boom on CoD4! bloody hard to dodge and kills people even if they were like 3 metres away from the point of impact!!! and in rush mode, once a charge is planted, just keep shooting at the crate with it and no one can get near it to disarm =] oh and as a bonus you can also kill tanks with this :P

M60s+ red dot/4x scope + magnum ammo is just outright deadly.... i've even managed some fluke super long shots against snipers tryign to skill me cuz of how insanely accurate this setup is (and it pretty much does the same damage as sniper rifles anyways)!

rez teammates! 50 points per rez which is the same as points for kills. heals and resupplies are also a great source of points and you dont even have to be there! usually in games when my team is doing badly, i dont even bother trying to take down the enemy since it'll just get me slaughtered, instead i take on supporting roles for my team and i can usually get mvp without even killing anyone!

^.^
Mysterio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 342

Dead

use tanks in 'conquest' at panama canal. two per tank. driver needs quick reload for the big gun. passenger must be 'engineer'. the driver must stay in the tank, & let the engineer do all the repairing.

tried that with a friend last night. i got 7090pts in one round. our squad had just two players in it, but we cleaned-up, & were the highest scoring squad in the match.

when im on foot, i don't get any where near that (because i can't aim for shit).

PSN: sellfcon
maggot_bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 06:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

Goofy

UAV with C4 placed all over it, then flown into the heart of the enemies base makes for one big blast and alot of deaths

Old 23rd March 2010, 06:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 342

Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
UAV with C4 placed all over it, then flown into the heart of the enemies base makes for one big blast and alot of deaths
that's the best tip yet! evil genius

PSN: sellfcon
maggot_bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 12:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 669

Cheeky

needs 2 people to pull off that one though and the UAV respawn is damn slow.....
better off just making use of the UAV machine gun + it's missile. in the time it takes for it to respawn, you could easily score much more kills with it...

spot and tag for your team. it does actually help!

^.^
Mysterio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 06:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio3 View Post
needs 2 people to pull off that one though and the UAV respawn is damn slow.....
better off just making use of the UAV machine gun + it's missile. in the time it takes for it to respawn, you could easily score much more kills with it...
True but that's only half the fun