Old 1st September 2010, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4578

Fine
Default MAG with Move??

I've been playing with a Fragnstein and unable to reduce the lag to a really satisfactory experience.... a bit frustrating at times!

So I started to wonder if the upcoming update to MAG for Move support could possibly make it better to play

Some footage: New MAG Move gameplay footage | The Gaming Liberty.com

Hmm.. a little uninspiring so far... Looks like you have to push to the edge of the screen to turn your view. That's not great. I hope I'm wrong.

Anyone else looking at this? How do you control your MAG?

Old 1st September 2010, 10:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2145

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghoidal View Post
Hmm.. a little uninspiring so far... Looks like you have to push to the edge of the screen to turn your view. That's not great. I hope I'm wrong.
This is how it works with most Wii FPS games unfortunately, and they all suck. The only ones that are any good are those that have no dead zone, or a customizable one. Unless they give us this option I won't touch it, worse than aiming with thumbsticks otherwise as you're forced to choose between aiming at someone or turning instead of being able to do both at once.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 02:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager
Ace - Post: 9210

Breezy

Oh no no no. Don't do it people. You will all die a horrible death over and over again.

I can't see how a person running a Move could take on a person running a controller in this game.
Old 2nd September 2010, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Fine

In that case it would be good if I could just get this Fragnstein to respond faster.... sometimes it just seems to go dead and not turn, sometimes doesn't shoot etc.... It is almost enough to make me want to use the controller!! Actually tried the controller the other day.

It was damn nice and responsive, found it harder to track targets moving sideways in front of me though and aiming up and down was harder than mousey. But sniping long distance was pretty cruisy...
Old 2nd September 2010, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2145

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient_One View Post
Oh no no no. Don't do it people. You will all die a horrible death over and over again.

I can't see how a person running a Move could take on a person running a controller in this game.
Like I said, depends on the dead zone. If they let us customise it the controller people won't have a chance.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2010, 05:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1647

Angry

What sort of lag ? how far is your dongle from the mouse and Nunchuck. i sit about 2.4mts from my PS3 and used a USB extender to keep the dongle very close to the FraG, i have encountered a few issues with the FraG but overall i found it a better option than the contoller

some troubleshooting tips. interference seems to be a major problem and a good reason to get the dongle as close as you can to the FraG

Common Problems
Old 13th September 2010, 01:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Fine

I need to say a big thanks to ozivillan because I wasn't aware that interference could be such an issue with the fragnstein.

I basically left my mobile phone in the other room, unplugged the uniden cordless phone base, sat down for some games and it was superb. I usually always have my mobile nearby all the time but now it is banished for when I'm having a MAG session.

It's heaps more responsive and has made the game fun again!

Looking forward to the new updates though. Played the beta escalation game type the other day which was a bit meh - and I assume that buying interdiction is a waste of money also.
Old 2nd October 2010, 02:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Wildstar
Competent - Post: 327

Fine

what i would like to know is whats it like for aiming? I would want to see a nice gun attachment and where you aim it at the tv thats where the crosshairs are, i cant play fps's with a controller
Venrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 07:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 43

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerogi View Post
what i would like to know is whats it like for aiming? I would want to see a nice gun attachment and where you aim it at the tv thats where the crosshairs are, i cant play fps's with a controller

I like it alot, The arm gets tired pointing at the screen however one of these might help with that.

Over ten PlayStation Move gun controller accessories; dual wield or build your gun as you please
Ragman is offline   Reply With Quote