Old 6th September 2010, 03:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 5

Inspired
Default Halo: Reach - Who's excited/obsessed?

Hi all,
I'm new here. I came here because I'm excited about Halo: Reach, but I see that there isn't a thread about it, yet.

I've loved most of the games Bungie has put out (Halo 2 sp was sorta crap, though multiplayer was fun), and it seems they're going back to their roots with Reach. Anyone else excited?
Did anyone pre-order? If so, which edition? I pre-ordered the console bundle, my old 360 died. I kinda want the Legendary . . . though I don't know why. Am I a slave to swag? I guess so.

Last edited by ThreeO; 6th September 2010 at 01:22 PM.
cephalopoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6th September 2010, 04:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6615

Grumpy

Could not care to be honest after playing Halo 2 and ODST for about 10 mins each i will not be playing any more Halo games.

The first was good but no does not do it for me now. Heck i have Halo 3 still in its wrapper sitting in my games pile.
Old 7th September 2010, 09:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 67

Meh at halo

(aka Xenophage on SC2)
600VoltBoyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 09:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 1

Hey all,
I am also new here and saw this post and thought i would back you up cephalopoid cause it don't look like you are getting much Halo love up in here. : )

I couldn't possibly be any more pumped for REACH so i would prob put myself in the obsessed catagory its gunna be awesome i have been hanging for its release since i played the beta in may and instantly pre ordered Legengdary edition before i even knew the price.

I am going to the midnight launch (my first ever!) and have organized a day off work for sep 14th. It will be the best Halo yet they have taken the best parts of the Halo series especially Halo CE and added a bunch of new stuff too. It is gunna be EPIC!

Only 7 more days bring it on!
PH33R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 04:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 863

Fine

I hope to get it soon but living where I do, it wont be on the day of release
jonny2combz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 11:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Average - Post: 178

Relaxed

Well actually 2 or 3 days now, depending on when you get it...I have to wait till the 14th morning, cause the store is in a mall......BUT other then that, its back in the driver seat of a warthog and time to wreck us some Covenant once again. Hope to see ya'll around the battlefield!
Zeoinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 03:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 5

Inspired

I really don't understand all the hate around Halo. I understand if it's just because you want more realism in your shooters and what not, but then, if you like realism, why even pick up Halo in the first place?

And why even respond to a thread about Halo?

Oh well.

I think Halo has been a great series and did a lot to push the FPS genre forward.
First of all, for the first time on a console shooter, Halo:
Dedicated a button to throwing 'nades.
Dedicated a button to melee.
Made driving vehicles easy and awesome.
Made aiming smooth without the crazy target lock many games have.
Forge mode is great.
And my favorite: Theater Mode. I don't understand why every game doesn't include a theater mode.
Plus, Halo has some of the smartest enemy AI in any game.
Old 13th September 2010, 08:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 863

Fine

I'm with you Ceph altough I dont think it was the first FPS on a console maybe on the XBox, but nevermind I think it is a great game. My only critism is Halo 2 and 3 where heaps shorter than the first Halo, that game was huge, and had a great story to. I loved ODST playing the 4 differnt members of the team it worked well and all fell into place at the end. But never mind me I am a Fan Boy of Halo Oh the multiplay on Lan or split screen or both, Hours and Hours of side spliting fun whats not to love about this game.
jonny2combz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 02:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Average - Post: 178

Relaxed

Well in two days, or even less, we will all be able to glow in the light of the great journey once again.....when we go to our local game store to pick it up of course!!

Hope to see everyone there!!!
Zeoinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 06:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2085

Confused

One thing I never understood about the series is what kind of feel they were going for over all.

I mean they have these space marines who are supposed to be all badass which seems like they want a serious space epic feel, and then half the enemies are midget aliens with comical high pitched voices and pink vehicles :S
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote