Old 4th February 2011, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy
Default KillZone 3

So who is getting this title?

Killzone 3 Review - PlayStation 3 Review at IGN
Killzone 3 Video Review Video - PS3 - IGN

Old 5th February 2011, 04:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6631

Grumpy

Again sadly no.

I do in fact have the second game sitting in my machine but i after attempting to play it several times i have given up on FPS on console - I just do not understand how people play it.
Old 5th February 2011, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1742

Sleepy

Same here, I picked up 2 cheap and forced my way to about halfway through and then gave up. The controls and enemy AI are just horrible. KZ3 would have to be something pretty special for me to buy it.

Rog69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 09:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2093

Confused

KZ3's campaign is 4.5 hours long on normal difficulty

Not worth getting unless you plan to play multiplayer but from what I've heard the MP beta is really unbalanced.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 10:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
KZ3's campaign is 4.5 hours long on normal difficulty
That is pretty poor i am sad that so many games now focus so heavily towards the rage online brigade.
Old 5th February 2011, 03:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager
Ace - Post: 9093

Breezy

I agree and some of the trophies are assoiated to online game play to enable you to get the Platinum. For some this is totally impossible as we are by large normal game players not exceptional game players.
Old 5th February 2011, 07:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Grumpy

Yeah not to turn this into a thread on something else but i for one would probably go for trophies to play games more if it were not for the online requirements.

Maybe having two separate paths would be an idea.
Old 6th February 2011, 03:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Average - Post: 139

Tired

Hearing this info, I'll probably only rent this one. I want to really try out the PS Move my wife bought me on a FPS game designed for it.

And getting off topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient_One View Post
I agree and some of the trophies are assoiated to online game play to enable you to get the Platinum. For some this is totally impossible as we are by large normal game players not exceptional game players.
I'm in agreement here with you all here too, I only have so much tolerance for getting shot in the back by 10 year olds, thus, online is usually not my favorite arena of play. When it comes to the online trophies, I usually can't be bothered, not even taking into consideration the amount of time you normally have to invest to get to the highest levels where the final trophies wait. Here's a little toon that is quite harsh (and foul-mouthed in general) on the trophy/achievement system, but does have some valid points. YouTube - : Achievements : Foamy The Squirrel WARNING: Not Safe For Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawheidbob View Post
That is pretty poor i am sad that so many games now focus so heavily towards the rage online brigade.
It seems to be a commentary on our society today. Why help your neighbor (or even get to know them) when you can simply go online and virtually shoot them in the face? I don't really believe that violent games make a person violent (at least not a stable individual), but I'm not sure all the intense virtual combat is OK for some of the younger players we've all experienced online. If you took a 10 year old kid and only let them watch slasher style horror flicks on TV, I'm going to bet that kid is going to grow up a bit off-center (to put it mildly). How is playing a game any different, especially when they are "rewarded" for racking up thousands of "kills"?

I'm by no means an expert, nor am I saying I have any ideas on how society should combat this issue. I just agree with you all, it does seem to be a disturbing trend today.

(Sorry if this doesn't particularly make sense right now, my coffee hasn't kicked in yet )
Spunkmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager
Ace - Post: 9093

Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkmeyer View Post
(Sorry if this doesn't particularly make sense right now, my coffee hasn't kicked in yet )
Mmmm.........coffee.
Old 25th February 2011, 04:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 2

Amused
Default I really wanna get a Kill Zone 3 clan together.

It would be nice to get the older gamers on the leaderboard. We need to do it early, while Tue leaderboard is young. Much easier to maintain a rank than to work your way up from the bottom. My ps3 ID is jusbob4020. Lemme know if u r interested. Peace
jusbob4020 is offline   Reply With Quote