Old 9th March 2011, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1464

Goofy
Default Crysis 2

Anyone else going to get it. I have been waiting for this for a while now.
Out on the 22nd March. Could be a great one for TOG stacks.

PC - TOG|Click PS3-PSN - clickaus Guild Wars 2 - clickaus.9170
click is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9th March 2011, 11:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Average - Post: 178

Relaxed

Not sure, I was playing the 360 Multiplayer Demo, didn't think it was anything special, It felt like Halo, Call of Duty, and Brink combined, but like, non of the game-play from either of those games felt like it flowed together properly or smoothly. The Cloaking and other special effects were like having all the armor abilities from Halo: Reach, guns felt CODish if not for the close distance firing, long range combat is practically useless, and jumping, vaulting, and climbing, felt simlar to the set up in Brink, though Brink seems to do it better, based on what I read about Brink.
Zeoinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 05:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Goofy

Now you have confused me but I'm glad. I can't believe we didn't get the demo. I guess we didn't get it because they want some people to buy the game lol

Old 10th March 2011, 11:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 920

Mellow

We should get the demo one week before release.

I already played the demo on the PC and i was not impressed, but that was to be expected sinds Crytek is known to make mediocre shooters that are nothing special.
From what i have seen they even have taken down a nodge on the graphics departement because even on hardcore graphics settings it can't hold a candle to Killzone 3.
The first thing that popped into my mind when i played the demo was "Is this it!".
I find it funny how some PC gamers always remind us how powerfull the PC is and that the consoles are crap and then Crytek the Messiah of PC gaming bliss comes up with this.
Realy PC gaming community is this it, is this the best you can do.
Old 11th March 2011, 03:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2150

Confused

They said right from the start that it wouldn't be as tech focused as the first was. You're nuts if you think consoles are graphically better though. I love my PS3 but in terms of graphic fidelity it's pathetic compared to my PC. Not to mention the framerates...

Crytek are such a disappointment. I liked the first Far Cry and Crysis, they were decent, had some great ideas but instead of expanding and improving they just seemed to take a step backwards. Crysis 2 multiplayer demo I thought was terrible. CoD with nanosuits.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2011, 11:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mellow

Ofcourse based on sheer horsepower the PC eclipses the PS3 completely, but why don't i see those horse power back in PC games.
Playing in a higher resolution with a higher resolution texture is not better graphics.

Name me some games that look better then God of War3, uncharted 2, killzone 3 and castlevania.
I can't think of any and i have played them all, i have an high-end PC with a graphics card that costs twice as much as my PS3 gathering dust for that day to come.

On the PS3 i regulary say "WOW" when playing games, i never had that feeling on a PC.
Here is a preview of uncharted 3, a game that is going to make you say "WOW"

Last edited by Dragonhammer; 12th March 2011 at 01:52 AM.
Dragonhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2011, 02:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2150

Confused

Ahh, so you mean better graphics in terms of art style/design rather than technical things. Agree there, those games are amazing in that department (although I think the Killzone games could be a bit less "brown & bloom".) That's why platform exclusive games annoy me though, imagine how good they'd be running at a higher res with AA, better texture quality, better frame rates etc.

Not many PC exclusive titles which innovate in the art department, most that do are awesome indie games.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 09:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4349

Goofy

This is a PC game and from the (admittedly early) reports I read, the game did not play as well on consoles.

This is one I will wait for a price drop and feedback of actual game play before I invest.

Last edited by Pure Mongrel; 17th March 2011 at 06:38 PM.
Pure Mongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 12:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Goofy

Just got the demo of the us store
One word CRAP
Thank goodness there was demo

Old 17th March 2011, 10:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Mellow