Old 15th May 2011, 07:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2150

Confused

Well NG+ increases difficulty over the first playthrough by 40%, then with each playthrough it goes up a little bit more. At NG(5+) it's around 90%, so considering I've maxed my character at this point and have pretty decent gear it's really not too bad.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 16th May 2011, 08:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4349

Goofy

Your a freak Chief! ... But in a good way
Old 19th May 2011, 05:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 80

Busy

Same here Chief, maxxed out one character and have a second sitting on NG+ which i simply use for online play.

I can't wait for Dark Souls to come out though and by the looks of it Aus will be getting it at the same time as everybody else now, saves me buying multiple copies this time around.
Old 21st September 2011, 04:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2

Confused

So this came out in Japan yesterday and I've been watching a stream of a dude playing it

It's almost indistinguishable from Demon's Souls. Graphics have improved but they kept the same art style with a bit more colour. Combat functions the same, souls work the same, a lot of the same sound effects, interface is pretty much the same with some slight improvements. This is good though as Demon's Souls worked great over all and it means those familiar with it can just jump right in.

The most noticeable change appeared to be the difficulty, some of the bosses in Demon's Souls were hard but the one I'm watching this guy fight is insane.

A giant humanoid rat with a demonic 4 eyed goat skull for a head that dual wields 2 swords which are both bigger than you. I watched the player die to it about a dozen times. On his best run, after 10 minutes of careful rolling and dodging he managed to get it down to around 50% health before dying.

If you haven't pre-ordered do it now. Pre-orders get the limited edition which includes an art book, making of dvd, soundtrack and a digital game guide. Plus it comes in a fancy box.

I think this will be game of the year for me

EDIT: Guy just had another crack at the boss, he must be raging so hard right now. See that tiny red bit on that long bar down the bottom? That's the boss's health

EDIT 2: haha, fuelled by rage he went back and tried again, totally kicking the bosses arse this time. The best part though, is that apparently this is the first area of the game and that was the first boss

Last edited by Chief; 21st September 2011 at 04:26 AM.
Old 22nd September 2011, 04:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6640

Grumpy

Thanks for the info - Must admit i would like to play this one but like the first game i just do not think i have the time to dedicate to it.

Some games i think are just too hard for me - like god damn castlevania which i just cant get to grips with...but that is another story
Old 22nd September 2011, 09:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1329

Hey Chief,

Thanks for the great feedback, I am very excited for this one!

Can you confirm or deny the rumor that there would be more checkpoints in this game than the previous? Supposedly there would be less "re-killing" the entire zone upon death.

What are your thoughts?
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2

Confused

Well I guess you could say there are more checkpoints but as the game is larger and more open with no nexus, it seemed to more or less work out to the same distance between the checkpoints as Demon's had anyway.

Can't say for sure though, mostly just watched the dude run from checkpoint to boss, die, run from checkpoint to boss, die etc

Also here's a bit of a laugh

Quote:
From Software has decided to unleash max-level Black Phantoms into the world of Dark Souls, in order to seek out players who get their hands on the game before the official release date. According to Japanese blog Esuteru, the Phantoms are level 145 and contain 1900 hit points with their abilities maxed out at 99. In other words, death, death and more death await you if fate is tempted. The reason behind the harsh punishment has something to do with Japanese stores breaking the game’s street date before it is officially released in the country tomorrow. The same rules will apply to those who get it early in the US and UK before it’s released on October 4 and October 7, respectively.

Last edited by Chief; 22nd September 2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 5th October 2011, 07:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1466

Happy

REBIRTH

ITS NEARLY RELEASE TIME!!!

I am going the PS3 version mainly due to it orginaly being designed for that console and then also cause of other friends.

What are you guys going?

Also what are your PSN tags?

I know the game doesnt have voice chat but I have had some good times using skype or steam on the computer and meeting up with mates for some PvP or campaign coop!

GET EXCITED @#%(@#*%)*(&$*@*(_@#!(%*_)($@%^

True to type organic, heirloom and open pollinated seeds, join the revolution against modified foods and enjoy the taste of home grown food.

Grow fresh, eat fresh!
delushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 09:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1329

I started last night, but only had a few minutes to play. I am going to restart tonight with a magic based class and see how that goes.

PSN is dday_0612

Very excited for this game.
Old 8th October 2011, 05:33 AM   #20 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2

Confused

whoops, I accidentally just played for 12 hours

Addictive.