Old 16th March 2012, 10:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles
Ace - Post: 9445

Breezy

Experienced a total game freeze tonight and after I switched off my PS3 it needed to scan to repair file structure. Has happened only once before so not sure it was game related or something to do with the firmware/PS3.

Question. Can you repair the buildings and with what. I found what appeared to be a torch/welder but even though I could see the building was damaged I could not repair it.

Old 17th March 2012, 07:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2633

Answer: yes, you can repair both buildings and vehicles with the repair tool - I've done it before with both pod beacons and shield generators., as well as the heavy turret.
Not sure why it wouldn't let you? Unless they've changed the code so you have to repair at the control panel... try that. (Every building has a control panel so you can upgrade/reclaim it)

I've had a total freeze a couple of times.
It *is* still a Beta, so you need to report any bugs, glitches or freezes here: http://community.eu.playstation.com/...td-p/14142505:

(PS, being run over by Cadder isn't a bug )

Last edited by Cadder; 17th March 2012 at 07:37 AM.
Cadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 11:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 41

I've had the total freeze with file scan happen 3 times recently playing Mass Effect 3.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2012, 01:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2175

Confused

Had a few games tonight but there's just too many things about it I really can't stand so will have to pass on it.

This division does need another game like MAG where we actually form up and play together. Or we could just go back to MAG
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2012, 09:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles

Breezy

What did you not like mate?

Just interested in what the vibe is like out their.
Old 19th March 2012, 09:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2175

Confused

Just console-ish stuff, small FoV, 3rd person character obscuring view etc. but the biggest issue is the frame rate, it was actually making my eyes sore.

It's a nice looking game and I really like the art style but would prefer to have lower quality graphics with a higher frame rate.

Non tech wise the lack of team play was disappointing, people don't really seem to work together and just build what they want, hog vehicles (especially the hawks). Of course with a strong TOG presence that wouldn't be an issue and would give us a huge advantage.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 01:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles

Breezy

I agree.

1. Have noticed people destroying other peoples constructions. Just because they can.

2. No direction in the team just everyone out their for themselves. Could because it's a Beta.

3. MAP size could be the issue also. If a map is to big then people just spread out all over the place no matter what the objective is.

MAG had specific objectives and a direct route to follow which was pretty much come in from the 4 sides towards the centre. People could get through the lines, cause mayhem behind the lines which distracted people from defending in the outer regions also limiting the abilities of the force Defending. ie. destroyed radars, mortars etc.

At present I would take MAG and WarHawk over StarHawk but it is still Beta so fingers crossed things pan out.
Old 24th March 2012, 04:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2187

Fine

Georgre6r4 is my PSN

George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 11:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles

Breezy

Noticed today that the filter does not work or does work but doesn't work as the games are not reporting correctly the number of people already playing.

On the game listing screen games were listed with spaces up to 4pr 5 available. On the Join screen they showed full. Back on the listing still showing spaces available. Tried this on several listed games and got really frustrated.

Also the game listing doesn't have filter by ping or display any ping at all. I would always select a game with low ping on Warhawk and hoped Starhawk had this feature but so far nothing.
Old 31st March 2012, 02:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2187

Fine

right i downloaded the beta, then downloaded the patches. Now, it doesn't load at all and keeps telling me that the PSN has been disconnected and it needs to be on-line to play the game. PSN is active and one-linee throughout.

Any thoughts?

George is offline   Reply With Quote