The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Games Talk (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/games-talk/)
-   -   PS3: Diablo III Cross Platform? (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/games-talk/434392-diablo-iii-cross-platform.html)

Ancient_One 26th May 2012 12:49 AM

Diablo III Cross Platform?

So do we believe the stories going around?

Will Diablo III actually get released on PS3 as a cross platform game?

Not convinced that it will.

Anyone think otherwise?

Chief 26th May 2012 01:35 AM

They have really simplified it so you can only have 6 skills at a time, dumbing things down like this is usually caused by needing to support controllers. On the other hand it's still a very click heavy game that relies on mouse targeting.

Also considering the game is client/server based it would mean doing the same on consoles which is incredibly unlikely as offline consoles are much more common than offline PCs. Unless they remake half the game so it's all client side it won't happen, and if they did release the console versions as entirely client side the PC crowd would go apeshit at them due to the problems we've had to put up with caused by their online singleplayer crap. Love lagging and getting disconnected while playing solo :mad:

Anyway, I don't think it's likely.

Ancient_One 26th May 2012 09:58 AM

Really you can get lagged and disconnected playing a single player game or is it a single player game.

I was interested in spending $1000 and building a new computer to play this game a few others I haven't over the years but if my single play experiences are going to be affected by this then I'm not so sure.

Chief 26th May 2012 11:31 AM

They've basically removed singleplayer, you can play solo but it's more like being in an online game by yourself. It's really designed for multiplayer and functions a lot better as an online game.

Ancient_One 26th May 2012 07:15 PM

This is a major disappointment as far as I'm concerned.

So many things I liked about the previous Diablo games and they have decided to implement something as stupid as this.

Not to mention the RW money for items in auction which is to be released shortly.

Not impressed with that at all.

Chief 26th May 2012 11:20 PM

The RMAH is a great idea, items were traded for money all the time in D2 but there was no secure way to do it, now at least with it being regulated it means lower prices and no chance of getting scammed.

Ancient_One 27th May 2012 12:07 AM

I must have led a sheltered life style as I never heard or experienced RW money trading in D2.

Bawheidbob 27th May 2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancient_One (Post 3538580)
I must have led a sheltered life style as I never heard more experienced RW money trading in D2.

Since you are not happy about the game not being offline single player this is not a surprise.

I know 'people' who have sold DII loot on ebay :)

As for the original question about the game coming to console i do not see it.