TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk > Games Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th July 2012, 03:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2040

Confused

They've added Deus Ex: Human Revolution for this month.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6th July 2012, 03:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6544

Grumpy

Love PS Plus i really should take advantage of it more (just received Infamous II as a rental disc)
Old 2nd August 2012, 12:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 27

Ye, I think I've only purchased 3 games for the PS3. All my games come from PSPlus.
They have some great games on there. I make a point of downloading every month and keeping the best.

Tip: I found that you have to download and install and run the game at least once during the valid 'free' period (ie. can't download and not install it), else it doesn't work.
Y0kenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 02:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Advisor
Advisor
Lethal - Post: 6715

Necro'ing an old thread...

So I am considering subscribing to Playstation Plus but just wanted to understand a few last things. $70 for the year isn't a whole lot of money, but I do like to get value for my hard earned dollars.

Firstly, games that you can download for free - can you play them for as long as you are a subscriber, even after they are no longer offered as free? For example, I understand that Deus Ex was offered for free a while back, but is no longer. Can those people who downloaded it at the time still play it?

I understand that if I join now I won't have free access to that game, and I understand that if someone who did download it for free is no longer a subscriber then they lose their access. I'm just trying to figure out if I have to play these free games on Sony's schedule, or can I take my time once I have downloaded something?

Next - I understand that as of yesterday there is a deal where you buy 12 months of access and you actually get 15 months worth of access. I can't seem to find any mention of that on the Australian store - is that just a US thing? Anyone heard of any deals coming to Australia any time soon?

Finally (for now), is there a better/cheaper way to buy it other than via the online store for AU$70 per year?

Thanks in advance!
SemiproCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 06:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 41

As long as you get the games onto your download list before they expire you can access them for as long as you maintain your subscription - not just while they are the currently offered games.

Anything you buy at a discounted price is yours permanently regardless of whether you let your subscription lapse.

The PSN store has periodic offers on subscriptions (discounts and extra months free). There is a 30% discount on the 90-day membership beginning on the 6th of February but if you wait until then you'll miss out on Bioshock 2, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One and CubixxHD.

See the following blog post:

PlayStation Plus: Your February content PlayStation.Blog.Europe
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2013, 05:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6544

Grumpy

Really is amazing the value for money PS Plus gives - Going to give up my lovefilm rental service because next on my rental list is Sleeping Dogs and now I have it for 'free'
Old 30th January 2013, 10:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
Advisor
Advisor
Lethal - Post: 6715

I registered on PS Australia's facebook page for a free 30 day trial, but then I caved before the email arrived (still hasn't) and bought 12 months access. I've kicked off a bunch of games downloading, though my measly ADSL1 connection means it will take about 3 evenings per game!

I'm immediately impressed with the value. The only game that I have downloaded that I actually wanted to buy was Gravity Rush (for PS Vita), which would have cost me $50 new, but I also grabbed Ratchet and Clank, Bioshock 2 and Little Big Planet 2 - all of which were semi interesting to me. I also grabbed almost every other free title to have as options, and then I got a dozen dynamic themes too.

I've got my eye on Sleeping Dogs, WipEout 2048 and Lumines over the next month.

I really feel it has added a lot of value to my Vita already, and has reinvigorated my PS3 too. Very happy with the purchase.
SemiproCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2013, 12:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2040

Confused

It's definitely worth the dosh if you don't buy a lot of games. Unfortunately I've now found that most of the games offered are things I've already bought on PC for bugger all anyway. The handful of PS3 exclusives have been things I've already played too.

I have saved a bit of dosh from the discounts though, so between that and a few "free" games I haven't already played I got my moneys worth. I'll get a Vita eventually so will be better value then.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 08:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1776

Yeehaw

PS Plus - great value. Has loaded up my PS3 and Vita with toooo much great stuff ...
Old 13th February 2013, 08:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Titanfall
Deadly - Post: 1031

Paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by plebc View Post
PS Plus - great value. Has loaded up my PS3 and Vita with toooo much great stuff ...
Ditto, someone in this forum recommended it, for the small amount I use the Vita and Ps3, it's been worth it.