Old 30th October 2012, 03:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Average - Post: 155

Yeehaw

Hey awesome a TOG club!!
I'm not too sure if I have you guys on my friends list so add me please if you dont... xMeOnFirEx
Also please send me an invite to the Club!!
Origin: SoulSetFire
MeOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30th October 2012, 04:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 536

Relaxed

MeOnFire: Awesome! great to have another keen TOGer - I can get you setup in about an hour if Hastarin does not beat me to it

I think rewind off gives you maybe an extra 10% on earnings.

Thanks for the tip on the PR stunts - I always drove the specified path, which was way restrictive, but now that I know I can do whatever as long as I get the points in time, it's game on I'm going to go inspect the areas around the outposts and plan my strategies

I didn't take the mid life crisis comment as a dig in the slightest It very well could be an MLC for me, but at the same time, I'm not sure if I ever really grew up I'm actually a bit young for that by the "standard" definition of it occuring somewhere between 40 and 60, I'm 36. Also I'm not married and have no children and I love my job / career mostly, so most of the factors that help the onset of it aren't really there for me .... but I'm also keenly aware that 36 x 2 = 72 .... Anyway, getting a bit deep and personal there - more driving and more Horizon!
Aeon Section 8 Blue Connery NC
Planetside 1:
Aeon-J XO Shahmat Johari NC (2003)
Aeon-J / RaindancerAU Section 8 Blue Markov / Gemini NC
RaindancerAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2012, 05:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
XB1 Leader
Destiny
Dangerous - Post: 757

Tired

Friend and Club invite sent for xMeOnFirEx

We've had "The Wookie SOB" join us too. Not sure who that is but hopefully another TOGer. Or maybe they just wanted to join the cool kids.

lol I'm 38 here and will get back to burning rubber. :P

PS Going to go for those last 2 PR Stunts tonight but so far it's proving to be an exercise in pointless frustration.

Last edited by hastarin; 30th October 2012 at 06:08 PM.
hastarin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2012, 06:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
XB1 Leader
Destiny

Tired

Wow, this is one of the two I've been having trouble with:

I'm going to see if I can chain drifts like he's doing.
Old 30th October 2012, 09:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
XB1 Leader
Destiny

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaindancerAU View Post
I think rewind off gives you maybe an extra 10% on earnings.
Turns out it's 20% which is pretty decent. I just turned it off for now.
Old 31st October 2012, 09:25 AM   #16 (permalink)

Relaxed

I accepted Wookie and proceeded to go after his speed camera scores. Then he quit I'm sure the two are unrelated, but yeah he actually sent a request to join the club and I accepted /shrug

I can't stand being frustrated in these games anymore, that's what prevented me from going too hard in FM4 rivals, especially Autocross So I'm likely not to bother with the outposts until I can consistently get high skill chains. Incidentally, I got a 34k skill chain last night going after one of your speed camera records and all I did was drive fast on the freeway (lots of speed + lots of near miss + occasional wreckage and occasional air ).

btw your CCX-R is bloody fast. I had a few goes at the 413kmh record and keeping speed up and over the bridge is super tough. My EB110 with a fully tricked out Veyron SS engine was just too unstable at 420kmh, so over the rise and through the slight left kink I was four wheel drifting at over 410kmh through traffic ..... other cars I tried couldn't even hit 400kmh there - F40 with twin turbo Enzo engine, Sesto Elemento with twin turbo Aventador engine - pretty sure they were both well clear of 1000hp too, maybe I need to remove the spoilers but then I dread to think of how easily they'll spin.

I'm going to try a Huayra and my One-77 as well to see how they fare. Else I'll be going racing to buy a faster car (can't believe I'm saying that with the cars I've already mentioned ).

For sh!ts and giggles, I put a twin turbo Enzo engine into my '57 250 Testarossa. Woah! You don't need 1st and 2nd gear at all, just drift in 3rd and 4th everywhere - it's a riot - I'm going to share it tonight - I encourage everyone to try it.

I'm going to do the same with the DBR1 and the D-type as well.
Planetside 1:

Last edited by RaindancerAU; 31st October 2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 31st October 2012, 11:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
XB1 Leader
Destiny

Tired

Ah well, I guess he was a random then.

Nice. Speed (Daredevils, etc) is the main way I can get a decent chain going. I did manage the above challenge after about an hour of trying last night. Though I only got 29.5k not anywhere near the guy in the video. I have one outpost (upper right one) with the one skill stunt left now. It's a Lexus downhill and I am probably going to have to find another video for ideas because I've had 0 luck trying so far I don't even come close.

I can stand limited frustration. If there was no challenge at all there'd be no point playing. Well apart from the joy of flying along over 400 kmh or the sounds of some of these cars or cresting a hill at sunrise into oncoming traffic or .... OK there is plenty to still enjoy in this game.

Yeah I bought that last night after looking at some of the top ranked speeds and then used Auto Upgrade then put some chrome rims on it and wider tires. I can share it later. It tops at out at 414 in it's current configuration. I'm sure it could go faster if I sacrificed some handling but not sure I could keep it on target then.

Yeah my Ford Focus ST '13 that I've been mostly driving with the upgraded engine has far too much power for it's own good particularly with TCS off. I actually dropped it back to the original upgraded engine for cruising about in. I do wonder how long it's going to take me to actually finish the game with all the time I'm spending just exploring and fooling around but I guess that's the point.

I know you can auto downgrade cars for races. I do wonder if that will work with the garage cars. I haven't actually tried any garage cars yet. Too busy having fun with the ones I have.
Old 31st October 2012, 04:06 PM   #18 (permalink)

Relaxed

I seriously find it very liberating that I can run around doing what I want now. Having zero costs for all upgrades is brilliant, I can play and play with the cars to my heart's content

I noticed the traction issues you have with the Focus on a rivals run - My car was not particularly great for traction either but I got away from the line so much cleaner than you I have a similiar issue in my RS500 (I believe you run an RS500 engine in yours).

Take your time with the game, do whatever you feel like and play at your own pace, it's exactly that kind of game. I was in a rush to get to the point where I could really feel like I could just explore and play. There are some very interesting places to try stunts and the like on We should do a co-op sometime that you feel like just roaming around. Can do whatever - practice drifting and skill chains and the like, try two wheeling, jumps, tunnel runs with loud exhausts etc. Lots of fun to be had.

I auto downgrade my cars all the time for rivals. Sometimes they require finer tuning so I do need to return to the garage and reattempt the race, but that's all good and part of the fun for me.

Here's a tip. Say you are upgrading an ancient car that has cross ply tyres and a 4 speed gearbox. You definitely want sport tyres and a race gearbox but are unsure how else to round out your car. Go into Custom Upgrade, buy the components you need and THEN go to Auto. The game will upgrade your car from that point up, keeping the custom upgrades you put on yourself

Having a great time, so glad there are some TOGers into this
Planetside 1:

Last edited by RaindancerAU; 31st October 2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 31st October 2012, 05:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
XB1 Leader
Destiny

Tired

Yeah I can not get the starts anywhere near as clean as I'd like. Not an issue if it's a circuit but if it's not I have a second or more to make up. Any tips on how to "launch" correctly would be most welcome.

Not sure what engine I had in it, though I've been mixing things up today. Put my design, or variations of it, on about 5 more cars.

I bought a new car and custom upgraded it in order to beat one of your Rival times today for the Red Rock Rampage (lower left of map). After doing it I noticed I'm rank 2,705 for the world on that race now! It's no wonder I had such a hard time doing it!

I'd be up for some co-op at some stage. I might need a few to sort the headset since I'm not sure you'd hear me speak if I used the normal wireless headset and my home theater setup.
Old 1st November 2012, 09:56 AM   #20 (permalink)

Relaxed

Getting a FWD off the line is always hard once you go beyond B class but that's just physics for ya I was using a RWD car which was not easy to get off the line, but miles better than any FWD car. I typically won't drive anything faster than B in FWD.

Rivals definitely gets mega hard as you shave seconds off your times. You can normally appreciate the difficulty of the time you are attempting to beat by looking at the bounty. Anything from 7500 up is going to require some concentration and likely take a few tries to get. The guy I mentioned who was in the FM4 top 100 often enough had bounties that would go up to 150,000! I think the best I ever did was 50,000.

I tried your CCXR - and got a 425kmh on that speed trap at the end of the freeway! It has almost 1000kw! No wonder it is such an animal, I think my most powerful car was around 880kw.

Ah yes an Xbox headset. My fancy Turtle Beach thing should be able to work with the Xbox but I have yet to try it even though I have owned it for almost a year. Just never needed to use it with the Xbox so far.

I think I'd still prefer to use my PC and Teamspeak but I understand if your Xbox is some distance from your nearest PC (no laptop?). I've never had an amazing experience with the Xbox Live voice comms. It normally suffices, I just think it's not great.
Planetside 1: