The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Games Talk (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/games-talk/)
-   -   PS3: Assassins Creed III Special Edition (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/games-talk/463878-assassins-creed-iii-special-edition.html)

Ancient_One 2nd November 2012 06:30 AM

Assassins Creed III Special Edition

I pre-ordered the special edition from JBHIFI and was rewarded with two pewter figurines and a Steelbook cover.

Was just wondering if I'm missing something.

The Steelbook comes with two Blueray slots/holder positions but the game comes with only one Blueray.

Have they left anything out or was Steelbook designed for the bigger release packs?

I will ring them later today but wondered if anyone might have bought the same and know the answer?

Draadnor 2nd November 2012 06:44 AM

My youngest bought the XBOX version and he got one large figurine (approx 25cm tall), a standard game case with two DVD disks in it, a 'special' metal disk box with two slots/holder positions (probably the same as yours), some manual book thingy and other pamphlets.

I would suggest you aren't missing anything as you have a Bluray disk instead of two DVD's.

Ancient_One 2nd November 2012 12:56 PM

Good point. They made a single type of Steel book to cover both situations.

The pamphlets are the codes for extra content. Claim them ASAP.

Henry Pease 3rd November 2012 05:53 PM

Well my younger sibling has already bought it and I am enjoying this game on my PS3 and enjoying a lot. Guys I am thinking that it is better than the previous versions...

Ancient_One 3rd November 2012 07:43 PM

Haven't flashed it up as yet since I'm currently playing GW2 but I'm feeling the burn.

George 16th December 2012 04:04 PM

I'm thinking of asking Santa to bring me a copy as i really enjoyed Revelations. Now you've been playing it for a bit, is it good?

Ancient_One 17th December 2012 06:27 AM

Love it as much as the rest. Don;t wish to spoil anything but as your an Indian and close to the wilds you get to hunt animals and skin them. Bit messy but you get the picture. Plenty of challenges mixed in, upgrades to ship, person, homestead. Desmond missions as well. Items which can only be crafted after homestead upgrades. A good mix of stuff to do. People are less forgiving. Commit a crime and the army is after you. A little harder to shake them but you will get the hang of it. Do yourself a favour and buy it. :)

SemiproCharlie 19th December 2012 02:46 PM

It's basically more of the same as the previous games, but I love it. There are some new mechanics (eg: naval combat - its there if you want to play it but not mandatory to get really in to it if you don't like it), new settings (a city is a city, but the wilderness is a nice change), the story is engaging so far (haven't finished it).

I'd recommend it to fans of the series.