Old 18th June 2013, 03:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 600

Default Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Okay, the US got Animal Crossing New Leaf on the 9th, and Aus on the 15th. So, is anyone here playing it?

Looking at some of the fan sites, there are a number of us older types playing it, so I'm wondering about people from here. C'mon, don't be ashamed to admit that you play it! Speak up! Let's hook up for some fruit and item trading and hanging out!
Warmonger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21st June 2013, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 21

I have it. I have Bananas, Pears, Durians, Leechee, Peaches, Lemons....
Old 26th June 2013, 10:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 606

Goofy

Thought about getting it.

One question, Warmonger: Does the town still spawn 3 weeds every day?

One thing I hated about the previous games in the series is those damn random spawning weeds. Step away from the game for more than a week and you may as well just wipe the town and start over; damn weeds everywhere messing up your town rating.
Old 27th June 2013, 12:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

I've never played any of the previous versions, but am really enjoying this one. It does spawn about 1-3 weeds, BUT since you are the mayor in this one, a few days into the game, you can enact a city ordinance. There are four to choose from, one makes the shops open earlier and close on time, another makes the shops open on time and close later, one gives you 20% more bells when you sell stuff and things cost 20% more when you buy things (used when doing a lot to increase your cashflow and turned off when you want to buy), and the last one makes your town "beautiful." That one means that the weeds don't show up, roaches don't show up and the villagers plant and water flowers.
Old 27th June 2013, 10:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 606

Goofy

Well then, from what you've told me, there's only one "city ordinance" to enact here.

Finally, the town residents are partially responsible for the beautification of their own town, instead of complaining about it and moving away.

+1 chance of acquiring
Old 11th July 2013, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Div. Vice Captain
Wildstar
Elite - Post: 2628 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Lurking

Courtesy of Scott Johnson at myextralife.com

I've picked this game up. Addictive much? (well I needed something to play at work...)

Old 12th July 2013, 02:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah, I've been enjoying it quite a lot, especially since I've been pacing myself a bit and not playing it too much every day. Just finished full construction on my house, now to fill it with crap......
Old 15th July 2013, 11:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 11

Never thought about getting it until reading reviews...it just looked a mega cutesy simpler Sims...
But after reading reviews, and there's very few poor ones, and so many comments on forums about who's doing what...I might just take a punt and give it a go.
Once the price drops and after Fire Emblem
Micistm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 03:39 AM   #9 (permalink)

One thing I have learned now that I've been playing this for a while, is that aside from the OCD gotta collect everything mentality, there really isn't a lot of long term playability on this game. Now with something like Pokemon, I can collect train and battle forever, even beyond new games coming out, there's always something to do. This (to me) almost feels like Warcraft's daily grind put into a cute little anime package. While I think I will still be playing a little bit each day for a while still, the amount of time I do so iis now going to be drastically less. And likely it will be abandoned almost completely in October once the new Pokemon comes out, even though there are seasonal items to collect and weather changes etc etc.
Old 18th July 2013, 02:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1074

Happy

I had no idea about the release of a new Animal Crossing, thanks for bringing it to my attention ! My kids and me played all the previous ones and loved it. I hope we will be able to get it in Europe soon. I have fond memories of it because it was one of the first games where I could pass on my love for gaming to the kids and play with them.

We especially liked all of the collections like the fishing, and we loved to design houses to a particular theme. We had an Asian house, a school, ranch style house and more. The kids also loved the special events like the alien in Let's go to the city. What they didn't like was when an animal they loved moved away (to the point of tears).

Free to grind |GW2 (Malicia Mangora-Caelifera Chimera-Narika Noratu)
Thank you Coneman for the sig

Ariya is offline   Reply With Quote