Old 30th January 2014, 10:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager
Ace - Post: 9038

Breezy
Question Elder Scrolls Online (PS4 and One)

Okay people. In the console division who amongst us is buying into this.

It would appear the One and PS4 versions of the game will have their own servers but no connection to the other versions of the game. ie PC and Mac.

Release date for One and PS4 is in June some 2 months after PC and Mac.

Initial purchase includes 1 month subscription with further monthly subscriptions costing around $16.

Will any of this deter you?

I for one loved Oblivion and Skyrim and would love to get involved in the Online version but I currently don't have a PS4. Maybe this might force my hand.

So fess up who will be getting it and what platform?

Old 1st February 2014, 06:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 3

Happy
Talking Elder Scrolls on line

As I have never been much of a PC Gamer I am in two minds about which platform to buy it for. It won't be the X Box One as I do not intend to purchase that console in the near future, so will probably go with the PS4. I believe that the subscription for the first month will be 'free' albeit I understand that you cannot cancel your subscription in the first month so will have to pay for the second month. Perhaps someone could correct me if I have got that wrong.
If I do not like the multiplayer at that stage I will just cancel my subscription.

As a console gamer I do not like the idea that you will also be able to 'shop' for items within the game although I believe that this is not uncommon on PC games. It just smacks of trying to milk the consumer a little too much.
Lemon Lizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2014, 07:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager

Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lizzie View Post
As a console gamer I do not like the idea that you will also be able to 'shop' for items within the game although I believe that this is not uncommon on PC games. It just smacks of trying to milk the consumer a little too much.
Coming off the back of GW2 I have to agree. Either they have subscriptions or they have in game purchase content. Both just seems wrong like they are out to milk everyone for as long as possible.

The subscription is putting me off a little I have to admit.

To answer your question. Once the first month expires and you haven't set up auto renew then the second will not happen and you will lose access is my understanding.
Old 1st February 2014, 07:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
World of Warcraft
Competent - Post: 265 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Cynical

I would love to play it, skyrim was great, i just cant see myself paying for game sub, on top of ps plus sub.
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2014, 11:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2080

Confused

Yeah the sub is a big turnoff for me. It's a dated model and one I've never liked for many reasons but mostly that my play time is erratic. If I have a sub and can't play I just feel like I'm wasting money.

I spend far more on Free to Play games which have cash shops consisting only of cosmetic and booster type items.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2014, 03:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Division Captain
The Elder Scrolls Online
Deadly - Post: 2253

Hot

At the value of a coffee a day, it shouldn't be a waste.

How much do you spend to see a Movie at the Cinema? You're only there for about 2 hours, give or take 30 minutes on average.

How about a few games of bowling, or laser tag, or even batting cages?

If 15 a month is a waste, then there are plenty of other things that only last for a much shorter amount of time should be a waste too.

At least with the PS4, you don't need PS+ subscription to play ESO. However, I am of a mind to have PS+, mainly due to the value of FREE games you get every month.
Thymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2014, 04:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager

Breezy

I get the feeling not many will be playing the game and as it's not linked to the other game devices your in game experience might be affected by this. Ie. not running with friends. Besides which for me I would have to buy the PS4 first so total outlay will be close to $700. A lot of money for a single game.
Old 6th February 2014, 03:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2080

Confused

Got an invite for this weekend's stress test on PC. Will see how it runs on my PC and whether or not I actually enjoy it.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 07:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager

Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Got an invite for this weekend's stress test on PC. Will see how it runs on my PC and whether or not I actually enjoy it.
Agree with you I do. Same here.
Old 10th February 2014, 09:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 444

Scared

No doubt I will be getting this on the PS4 when it's out.