The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Hardware Talk (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/hardware-talk/)
-   -   Did I miss something? (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/hardware-talk/203581-did-i-miss-something.html)

Genghoidal 28th October 2008 06:06 PM

Did I miss something?

or does nobody ever post here anymore?

I'm a console gamer in my extra extra spare time.

I find just enough time for a bare minimum of games, unless I have 4 capable people there and then I will try and insist they at least have a crack at

1. Wii Tennis
  2. Smash Bros
  3. Mario Karts (not unless they realllly want to.. cause I can take or leave this)
  4. Wii Bowling?
Apart from that I play PS3:

1. WipeOut HD - I posted about this recently and NOBODY responded. So I assume I am on my own with the LOVE of this game
  2. Eden - here and there a wee crack but never so entrancing for more than 30 mins
  3. Some burnout.... but i fail and careless without real ppl.. Needs to be a set TOG night.. Once a month to attract all our online Burnouters
  4. GTA... wow this one... while a GREAT game... got old quick and now i find myself struggling to attract any gaming time to it... MP was buggy and klutzy
Ahh the consoles are still obviously best for when peeps are in-house on the couch. Fantastic now, when u can get enough over...

But - is this forum knackered?? Or are the older gamers more into PC?

or did we move?

Pure Mongrel 28th October 2008 08:15 PM

LOL

We seem to bounce around depending on what titles get released on what system.

I too have found this section of the forums very quiet of late, but I think that is due to work commitments of the regular consolers as much as say the release of Warhammer Online.

I for one have been having to go to work at 4am and by the time I pick up my kid from school, cook, yada, yada, yada ... I am so tired I crawl in to bed.

I have not played Warhammer in over a week. I have picked up Farcry 2, Dead Space and Fable II ... and all they are doing at the moment is collecting dust as I have no more than 30 min to play any of them. (It seems I am picking up Fall Out 3 this week to add to the dust collecting duties?)

But I digress ... as new titles (especially multi player ones) come out soon I am sure we will have an active console community again.

I am hoping that a CoD5, SOCOM and Resistance 2 clan get started at the very least :)

George 29th October 2008 12:55 AM

Yep I see what you mean about this part of the forums. I'll be getting my PS3 back on the 20th December. Well that's when the shipping company thinks it may arrive.
So not much posting from me sorry :(

Bawheidbob 29th October 2008 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George (Post 2075894)
Yep I see what you mean about this part of the forums. I'll be getting my PS3 back on the 20th December. Well that's when the shipping company thinks it may arrive.
So not much posting from me sorry :(

Ack did it break?

Ancient_One 29th October 2008 07:56 AM

Nah he had to leave it behind in Aussie Lund because his wife said so.........at least he thinks she said so..........he did it at any rate.