TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Old 8th December 2008, 03:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3517

Games are Kung Fu Panda, Indiana Jones Lego, Gears of War and NFS Pro Street. Not bad for $399 but not sure about the online capability of the games.

"When the weight of all the world is pushing down. Just push right back."
crowtree is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8th December 2008, 04:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

Gears of War 2 has multi player.

Apart from the standard death match modes, there is Co-op story mode and (my favorite by far) horde mode where you have to fight off wave after wave of ever more dangerous locust scum! If I remember right your squad is aiming to beat all 20 waves.

Last time I tried it I had Exploit and ViperionX as partners in crime and after a number of hours we only made it to lvl 7. Had a hell of a lot of fun trying though

We defiantly need a TOG squad for this!
Old 3rd January 2009, 09:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Just a bit of feedback on our 360. Connected it to our network and it found media centre running on Vista Ultimate (not that I'm using it) and our Windows Home Server. Had to create a live account go online and download an update to be able to play avi files. Streaming music and movies from our WHS is working very nicely now and everyone's pretty happy with the purchase.
I can already see the 60GB HDD is going to need managing as we start downloading some games etc.

Old 4th January 2009, 04:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

Sound like it is time to set up a home server to house all your media

What is you XBOX live ID and are you up for some multiplayer games?
Old 6th January 2009, 04:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3140

Blah

Finally got my live account sorted It was more troublesome than a termite infestation at a wooden leg convention

I set it up online (Via the PC) and then tried to connect to it on the xbox. Caused no end of trouble. The problem was I didn't look hard enough I was trying to create a new account, not connect to an existing one

So, a question, I now have an offline profile, and an online one............. This annoys me somewhat. Can i merge the 2? I have saved game content on the offline account, that would be better suited on the online one.

Oh, and the online gamer tag is InYa Woodfire

Crowie, nice pick up mate I wish I had gone that way. I purchased the "arcade package" which came with no hdd, and 2 games (Sonic tennis and Guitar hero 3) for $299 and since then have bought a 60gb hdd, head set, extra controller, controller charger, games.......OUCH!!

Anyway, time to try this media streaming business
Old 7th January 2009, 11:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3140

Blah

Cool.

I have the 360 extending my media centre. It works very nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Mongrel View Post
XBOX will do AVI (a free update is required for this), WVA, MP3, WMA, etc.
Whats the go with this Pure? Do i need to look for it and download it, or is it an auto?

Thanks all for your help thus far. Consoles have come a LONG WAY since my last one an original, big square PS1!!
Old 7th January 2009, 04:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

Two ways if I remember correctly.

1) Try playing and AVI file while connected to XBOX live, I am sure it goes to the update and prompts you to download it.

2) It is in the XBL Marketplace. You can access it through your XBOX, or login to xbox.com.au and go to the link below.

Xbox LIVE Marketplace | Optional Media Update

Hope that helped
Old 10th January 2009, 09:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Correspondent
Correspondent
Competent - Post: 468

Fine
Default Streaming via Powerline Networking

Hi all,

New here but this thread caught my eye. I looked at various media centre set ups before settling on the 360 as the cheapest and easiest solution. I now host about 20gb of music and 500gb of vids on my pc running Vista, and stream to two 360s - one for the plasma at the front of the house and one for the kid's tv at the back. I was lucky enough to get the second 360 for $140 + the old PS2 and 10 games, from "GAME" I think.

I resisted the urge to go wireless on the 360 tho coz I just couldnt bring myself to fork out $300 for two MS adaptors. Plus, streaming vid wirelessly can be troublesome, especially as the 360 wireless adaptors are only wireless G. The solution - Netcomm Powerline networking. Seriously, this networking solution rocks, both for gaming and for streaming HD vid. It cost me $100 for a two outlet, 75mbps set-up, it hooked up in 5 minutes flat and I have not had a problem since. The result, a centrally hosted media set-up streamed at 75mbps to both ends of the house.

I can recommend this set-up to anyone considering their media centre options. The only downside - the 360 hardware is a bit unreliable, Im on my second repair after 12 months. But apart from that, the setup rocks. And best of all, I can pwn the kids on COD4 from the other end of the house, and hear them scream!

Cheers,

Rob
Max Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 11:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preparation H View Post
...And best of all, I can pwn the kids on COD4 from the other end of the house, and hear them scream!
lol. What a sweet sound that must be

Agree that the wired network is a) cheaper and b) better for streaming and good to hear the recommendation on the powerline networking. I've cabled my network and send the 9yo under the house with a walkie talkie to do drag the cables about

Woody when I set up the streaming I just used method 1 in PM's post. No Problems. I'm at work at the moment rebuilding the home server as after a couple of years of beta licencing I finally had to fork out for a full licence. Worth it imho but.

Online name is crowtree, not that I've ventured there yet. Still getting used to playing a FPS without a keyboard and mouse

btw does every profile on the Xbox need a gold subcription to play online? Looks that way but I'm not sure.

Old 11th January 2009, 04:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
Correspondent
Correspondent
Competent - Post: 468

Fine

Yeah you can get on to XBLive with Silver but unfortunately you need Gold membership to play, for each profile you have on your box. So for eg, myself and my 2 boys each need our own gold live membership to play online.

My gamertag is Preparat10n H so I'll keep a look out for you!

Last edited by Max Damage; 12th January 2009 at 12:05 AM.
Max Damage is offline   Reply With Quote