Old 29th November 2008, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1798

Angry
Default Some Help

I have mentioned before I have had some issues getting on line. I finally sat down today and thought...Its about time I get this sorted..

Well,
What I ahve is a conspiracy.
a few weeks ago
My eldest 15, says no worries dad I signed us up. I am assuming this is for the master. account. So she gave me the details and I logged on....wrong user name
so i tried email addresses....doesnt correspond to the right user. I dig a bit deeper and get the right email address..2 accounts were set up...and I request the password (she has forgotten) all is well then it asks some questions which she tells me she never answered and I cant get accesss

So here is the question...how do i start from scratch?
can I erase all the accounts and re-register

...I wont be leaving this to the kids again I tell ya
Any suggestions will be good'
Cheers

"Put your head between your knees and kiss your ass goodbye!!" ......
Milt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29th November 2008, 11:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager
Ace - Post: 9058

Breezy

Hmmmmmm............if you have a different email address you can use just create a new account.

I initially created my son as a sub account but now he is thinking later when he goes it alone all his trophies will be on the sub account. So we set him up recently for his own account and I did like wise for the daughter. They each have their own emails.

So if you have other emails you can use start a new account otherwise you might have to try and resolve the one you currently have. ie. find the answers to those questions mate.
Old 30th November 2008, 03:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt View Post
So here is the question...how do i start from scratch?
can I erase all the accounts and re-register
Cheers
AFAIK, there's no way to delete a PSN account.
As A_1 mentioned, if you have another email account (hotmail, gmail, register your own domain...) then you can use that to create a nerw account and simply ignore the old one.
Otherwise, the only other suggestion I can make is to contact Sony PS support: 1300 365 911 (Local call in Aus) and tell them your predicament. Might be easier if you just tell them you want to wipe any info associated with (your email address(es) so you can start again.
Good luck.
Old 30th November 2008, 10:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

Ahh the joys of being a parent! As the above learned men have stated this is a relatively easy fix, so we hope to see you online soon!
Old 1st December 2008, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Angry

I spent some time on the phone this morning and I have all the infoe to make the needed changes to the master account. Once in I will set up a Use and hopefully all will be well
Thanks for the help

Old 1st December 2008, 03:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

Outstanding!
Old 1st December 2008, 11:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Angry

So the plot thickens....
My account some how is set on one of my kids as a user. Can i have that same account associated with my user name for the console...ie i dont need to edit my online profile only change the user on my system

Old 2nd December 2008, 07:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

Not exactly sure what you are asking here Milt? The way I run it is:

Main account: You. This account is the master and should have the PSN wallet (In other words you control what content is bought on the PSN market place. One of the features I really like about the PS3 is that even though you bought the content, any sub account on your PS3 can use the content as well ... unlike XBOX )

Sub accounts: Kids, friends, etc. These accounts have the ability to play online, etc. but unless they set up their own PSN wallet, they can't purchase anything off the PSN market place.

Of note:

1) Each account, master or sub, must have their own unique e-mail address.

2) When I made my son's first sub account I listed his then age of 8. This created a problem with Burnout Paradise. EA will only allow players 18 years and over to play on their online servers, no matter the rating of the game being played. I had to make him a new account an give him an age of 18.

As far as I am aware you can make as many Master accounts as you like, so as long as you are not worried about losing any trophies or don't have money in an all ready created PSN wallet, I would just start from scratch.
Old 2nd December 2008, 09:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

Angry

I think I will just have to start fro scratch.
Just to explain aa bit better as someone might be able to help
I have 6 users listed on the console. When my daugther went online and registered the master accoun she used her user account and set it up with all my details.
When I log onto my user account ie Milt it doesnt want to let me log on as the account is associated with another user.
I am being padantic about this, unforetunatley and the easiest way is to just start again on a new email account....

Ho-hum

Old 2nd December 2008, 12:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

Your not being pedantic mate, It annoys me to when things don't work out right.

Unless someone has a better idea I think starting from scratch is the best way. Remove all accounts on your PS3, make a new master account and then your sub accounts.

Look forward to seeing your new PSN ID