Old 2nd December 2008, 08:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

This is the USB adaptor that came with my Logitech PC gaming headset (which works great on my PS3)

You can see from this picture that from the usb adaptor to the head set there are actually 2 jacks. One for the Mic, and one for the head set. What I hope will work is that if you take out the one for the head set (and by use of an extension cord) and connect that to your sound source (TV or Amp) you should be able to hear your game / movie / music / chat through your headset (and not wake up "she who must be obeyed! ).

The only thing I am not sure of is if the PS3 does not detect a headset, will the "chat" come through the TV / AMP instead, thereby still getting to the headset if you do the above?

Do you think this will do what A_1 wants?

Last edited by Pure Mongrel; 2nd December 2008 at 08:19 AM.
Pure Mongrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2nd December 2008, 09:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1463

Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Mongrel View Post

This is the USB adaptor that came with my Logitech PC gaming headset (which works great on my PS3)

You can see from this picture that from the usb adaptor to the head set there are actually 2 jacks. One for the Mic, and one for the head set. What I hope will work is that if you take out the one for the head set (and by use of an extension cord) and connect that to your sound source (TV or Amp) you should be able to hear your game / movie / music / chat through your headset (and not wake up "she who must be obeyed! ).

The only thing I am not sure of is if the PS3 does not detect a headset, will the "chat" come through the TV / AMP instead, thereby still getting to the headset if you do the above?

Do you think this will do what A_1 wants?

I'm interested to see if this works and if it does how do I get my hands on one of those adapters.

PC - TOG|Click PS3-PSN - clickaus Guild Wars 2 - clickaus.9170
click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 12:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

Mine came with my Logitech headset. I have not seen a Logitech one on its own for sale. There are a couple of third party ones I saw on ebay for around $10 but I have no way of knowing if they work on a PS3.
Old 5th December 2008, 07:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

Have you had a win with your headset "requirements" A_1?
Old 5th December 2008, 08:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager
Ace - Post: 9045

Breezy

By the look of things I will end up using an ear for chat and an ear for for in game sound till I work out the pros and cons and options.