Old 3rd December 2008, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Advisor
Guru - Post: 11700

Lurking
Default Wii ware N00B

Okay, so we're buying the kids a Wii, games and accessories for Xmas. I've also ordered a Wii Lan adapter so I can hook it up to the net and access some of the Wii ware titles and also for multiplayers games.

My question is this; If I download a Wii Ware game where is it saved ?

“The Vulcan Neck Pinch is not half as powerful as the Vulcan Groin Kick, but it's more politically correct”
Vulcan21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3rd December 2008, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1202

Downloads are saved on your wii hard drive. I've got about 3 or 4 wii ware titles (they are loads of fun and so convinient to download) and I've still got plenty of room on my wii's hdd for save games etc.

If your hdd ever gets full, you can swap games over to an SD card. I bought a 1 gig SD card for $6 from office works yesterday and that means I have ample space now for any more wii ware titles I might get. You can't play the wii ware titles straight off a sd card (I think), but its easy to copy them back when needed. Mind you, you'd need to dl a lot of games before you run into this problem. BTW once you download, you can redownload anytime!

Now that I've convinced you wii ware is the way to go, I recommend:
- Final fantasy crystal chronicles: my life as king
- Bomberman Blast

Let us know how you go
Gash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 02:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Advisor

Lurking

Thanks mate. World of Goo looks like a hoot as well.

“The Vulcan Neck Pinch is not half as powerful as the Vulcan Groin Kick, but it's more politically correct”
Old 3rd December 2008, 04:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1244

Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan21 View Post
...I've also ordered a Wii Lan adapter so I can hook it up to the net and...
Just so you're not ordering unnecessarily, you don't need the LAN adapter if you already have a wireless router. The Wii itself is already wireless and will connect to that easily. That's how I do it. Just not sure how Wii savvy you are.

DrunkenSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 04:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Advisor

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsive_4ce View Post
Just so you're not ordering unnecessarily, you don't need the LAN adapter if you already have a wireless router. The Wii itself is already wireless and will connect to that easily. That's how I do it. Just not sure how Wii savvy you are.
Yes mate, thanks...but I don't have wireless, so I need the adapter to hook up the RJ45 cable between the router and the Wii.

Old 3rd December 2008, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 993

good info, good question - I have not downloaded wii ware yet, but may take a look. I am worried about the wide screen as I heard some games look really stretched..

aka skotalot

MatureCGamer or sometimes smacktardnoob - a second xbox live account - the whore console everyone uses.
cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 10:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Division Captain
Counter Strike
Deadly - Post: 1065

Tired

I did the same... Bought the kids (8 and 5) a Wii and GH World Tour... had no idea what WiiWare or Virtual console was... great info...

Philosophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 05:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2151

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
good info, good question - I have not downloaded wii ware yet, but may take a look. I am worried about the wide screen as I heard some games look really stretched..
In my experience, Wiiware titles are fine, but Virtual console games can look stretched.

Just in case folks don't know the difference, Wiiware-small/indie games, virtual console=classic console games ported to the wii, ie NES,SNES,Mega Drive, etc. (usually require the classic controller or a Gamecube Controller)
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote