Old 4th January 2009, 10:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1742

Sleepy

I guess it's down to personal taste more than anything, I like Dead Space a lot, it reminds me of System Shock 2, my all time favourite game, I'm about halfway through it on the PC at the moment. I've played Fallout 3 and it seems pretty good too, I like my RPG's and I was planning on picking it up for the PC but I'm getting it in my PS3 package anyway.
Is there a demo of Burnout? I'm not that into driving games (GTA is about as close as I usually get to them).

Rog69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4th January 2009, 11:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 293

Fallout 3 is for when you are offline.. it's an engrossing RPG that will easily take up any amount of time you have on a holiday.

Dead Space is the finest realisation of the 3rd person perspective there is... along with the immersion you have brilliant sound effects, an above-average storyline, please visuals and excellent gameplay.

All imo, of course.

To Rog: I think there might be a demo on the PSN store. Love your sig too.. I was a big 2000AD collector back in the day. Had all issues from 100 to 700 plus all the monthlies from the first one. Good memories..
Old 5th January 2009, 03:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRogerMellieX View Post
To Rog: I think there might be a demo on the PSN store. Love your sig too.. I was a big 2000AD collector back in the day. Had all issues from 100 to 700 plus all the monthlies from the first one. Good memories..
I use to read 2000AD when I was a kid too. I loved the contrast of this comic vs the American hero comics. 2000AD had anti heros way before Marvel and DC decided they were cool.

Judge Dread will always be cool, but I also enjoyed Strontium Dog, Slaine, Nemesis, the ABC Warriors and probably my all time favorite Rouge Trooper.

Ahhhh ... my well wasted youth, how I miss it
Old 6th January 2009, 12:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1742

Sleepy

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of 2000AD an Judge Dredd in particular, I even had a judge named after me in one episode after I helped one of the writers out with some info.
You both might be interested to hear that they have just greenlit a new Judge Dredd movie-
http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/vi...hp?f=3&t=23822
It's going to be made by Rebellion (the owners of 2000AD) and DNA Films (Sunshine and 28 weeks later) so hopefully with Rebellion involved they will stay true to the character this time and not make a lame by-the-numbers action movie and I really hope they cast the part of JD himself to somebody who can keep the f@#ing helmet on.

Rog69 is offline   Reply With Quote