Old 24th April 2009, 08:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2138

Confused

I use my PS3 mainly, but own a 360 arcade for a handful of exclusives I wanted to play. It's a good way to own both consoles as you can get one for around $200 - 250 on ebay
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24th April 2009, 09:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Kiz
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3017

Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgeraghty View Post
I've got a related question:
Is it worth the money to own both consoles?
Other than the fact that it alows you to play with friends that might own a console you otherwise wouldn't, does anyone who owns both consoles think it is worth the expense?
i own all 3 wii, x360, ps3

i think its worth it,, the more the merrier
both the xbox and ps3 get a work out, depends on which you rather, and if it has the games you want to play..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Mongrel View Post
Umm ... (wow this is going to sound bad ... )

I have 2 PS3's and 3 XBOX 360's (oh and a WII .... collecting dust)

It's an addiction ... I would seek help, but ... What can I say, I like my toys.

My poor wife has come to terms with having a big kid for a husband (and secretly she enjoys playing console games ... though she will never admit it).
doesnt sound bad sounds Awesome
and just think if your wife and kids(if you have any) want to play theres always a spare, and doesnt stop you playing
Old 25th April 2009, 07:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Elite - Post: 4467

Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
I was thinking of doing that when i return to Australia. I have the wii and PS3, but really want to get involved in the XBOX to see what P_M keeps going on about
Will be about freakin time!!

I'll throw another vote out to the Xbox. I don't own a PS3 but have several mates that do. All the points really have been covered. I went with the Xbox becuse of then online factor. Having a nightmare with the PS2 and having an original xbox online and playing fine this was the first red flag that went up in my mind.

I waited almost a year after the release of both 2nd generation systems. After a lot of research I choose the Xbox for the large online community, and working easy of use online set up and play. It also excells at FPS games. I think both sides would agree the Xbox has more titles and large communites that play them. Examples already given by PM.

I will say that there are a few games that are sony only. SOCOM and Killzone for example. Both great games but I'll never see on the Xbox. I guess I don't miss it that much to go out and get a PS3.

I will add that I also own every nintendo system ever made. (Kinda a collector thing) Yes I have the original 8bit system with super mario and duck hunt. I also have the Wii. But mine also gathers a lot of dust. I only play with when friends are over, or social stuff. My main gaming machine is my 360.

my .02 cents

Cheers,
Old 25th April 2009, 09:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4349

Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
doesnt sound bad sounds Awesome
and just think if your wife and kids(if you have any) want to play theres always a spare, and doesnt stop you playing
I could own 400 consoles ... my son will always want to play the game I am currently playing.

Unfortunately the price of games don't lend themselves to buying multiple copies. My son does keep an eye on the specials though, so when a game we love to play multiplayer is listed as super cheep (or we find a mint condition pre-owned at a bargain price) we pick them up.

I will say this for the PS3 in its favor. If you purchase a game on the PSN all users on that console can play the game. On top of that having a user name on multiple consoles is very user friendly on the PS3, and any game you purchased can be downloaded on a second console at no extra charge (I think up to a max of 5 consoles ... Click will know for sure )

The only way to "easy" use my XBOX account on multiple consoles is to save my ID and save games on a memory card. It was a nightmare to do before I got one of these babies. (I would have to swap hard drives and downloaded content (from the online store or from disk) is limited to the console you downloaded it to ... major pain in the arse).

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
That's the reason i'm getting it.
OUTSTANDING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskool View Post
I will add that I also own every nintendo system ever made. (Kinda a collector thing)
If you have Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct Gold ... I am on the next flight to your house mate!

Right ... well the camper and 4bee are packed and ready for when I get back from the ANZAC day march. Catch you guys Monday!

Last edited by Pure Mongrel; 25th April 2009 at 09:13 AM.
Pure Mongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 03:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Elite - Post: 4467

Yeehaw

I do have killer Instinct as well a large and actually valuable collection. I have all the original Nintendo sports. As well as many classics and rarities. All the Zelda's. etc etc.

Sorry not trying to hi jack your thread.
Old 26th April 2009, 04:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7177

Buzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskool View Post
I do have killer Instinct as well a large and actually valuable collection. I have all the original Nintendo sports. As well as many classics and rarities. All the Zelda's. etc etc.

Sorry not trying to hi jack your thread.

Nintendo FTW

I have the same problem OLDSKOOL

as for PS3 V XBOX

I would get the PS3 if you are in the asia region and XBOX if you are in US

Sony has a strangle hold in the east and XBOX in the west so with that in mind go the XBox

TOG - You can check out any time you like, But.... you can never leave!
Mecha-Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2009, 07:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7440

Yeehaw

If you're only going to get one and don't have a gaming PC. Get a 360.

If you've got a good PC, get a PS3 or a Wii.

If you've got the $$$, get all of em.

I have a kick ass PC, PS3 & 360. I use the PC the most, the PS3 second and I rarely use my 360.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2009, 07:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2187

Fine

Hold on Drac. Your PS3 is still rooted and for some time now.

Personally i think your scared of playing against us console boys. You'll blame the controller or not being able to pick a server or the controller or the voice comms or even just the controller .

Seriously though i can't wait to see why people who have both consoles pick the XBOX.

George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 01:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Average - Post: 184

Amused

I'm getting sick and tired of this.

I mostly like gaming, just to mention. Seems there's little space for people that has chosen the XBOX 360 path for a while.
Old 4th May 2009, 08:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 993

I only have the xbox360. I don't really bother with PC games anymore and haven't been compelled enough to buy a PS3. If you just want to play games (like me) then the xbox will be a great buy!

aka skotalot

MatureCGamer or sometimes smacktardnoob - a second xbox live account - the whore console everyone uses.
cookie is offline   Reply With Quote