Old 5th May 2009, 12:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5163

Amused

I'm going to wait for the next generation of consoles. The level of interactive play will just go wild. Spent so much on games for my Xbox and PS2, DSlite, that i'll hold off and see what Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft have in store for us next.

Old 6th May 2009, 01:22 AM   #22 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2839

Amused

I cant wait for the ps3 keyboard/mouse.

Trying to play and be competitive on the analogue is a joke.
urgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 06:20 AM   #23 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7441

Yeehaw

The PS3 uses USB and can use any old Keyboard or Mouse. It's just that most games don't support it, and most never will.

My general apathy towards the 360 (not dislike, just lack of like) is that 90% of the exclusives end up on the PC, or started off on the PC then get pimped as a 360 exclusive when they're ported to XBLA. Also, the majority of 360 games are shooters, and honestly, you're never going to best a PC in the shooter genre, not this generation anyway.

I don't play online on my PS3 or 360. I've tried both but both are terribly annoying to do it with. Again, the PC is simpler and better at the task or I simply don't have the patience to be taught new tricks. Probably a bit of both.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 08:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
Average - Post: 184

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac View Post
I don't play online on my PS3 or 360. I've tried both but both are terribly annoying to do it with. Again, the PC is simpler and better at the task or I simply don't have the patience to be taught new tricks. Probably a bit of both.
It depends, it's so much what one is used to. It's like playing a violin or a tuba, a matter of personal preference. It would be utterly boring if everyone would be playing the same instrument.

Somehow I want everything to be simpler and simpler all the time, so a controller is my choice, because a kbd has clearly too many buttons.
Old 16th May 2009, 11:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaxvien View Post
It depends, it's so much what one is used to. It's like playing a violin or a tuba, a matter of personal preference. It would be utterly boring if everyone would be playing the same instrument.
That's very profound, Zax. I'd never thought of it in that way. +1 for you.

I have a PS3. And only a PS3 'cos I can't justify the outlay of two consoles when, realistically, the range of games I want to play are available on both consoles anyway. I'm also happy that a couple of the games that I really enjoyed are PS3 exclusives (LBP, Warhawk, for instance), but I've never been so excited about a game that I've wanted to get a console just to play it because it's exclusive.
(Actually, I will admit that the TIMING of me buying a PS3 was suspiciously close to the release of GTA4, but there was never a question of which console I'd buy.)

I started out my console life pre-Xbox with a Playstation (before it was called a PSone). Then I got a PS2 'cos I still wanted to play PS games, then I got a PS3 original 60Gb 'cos I still wanted to play PS2 games. And Blurays. And there's the fact that my TV and Hifi are all Sony, so it seemed natural. Generally, they make good shit.

As many people have said, if I want to play an FPS (which, I must admit, I don't very often) I'll play it on a PC. (And I don't presently have any games on my PC, so that goes to prove my previous comment...)
I have another PC dedicated to MP3 jukebox and MAME for Arcade games. Anything else, I'm more than happy to play on a console, and TBH, it wouldn't bother which I had. I will, however, make the comment about reliability - more people I know have had a RROD than have had a PS3 pack up.
Old 17th May 2009, 01:17 AM   #26 (permalink)
Average - Post: 184

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadder View Post
As many people have said, if I want to play an FPS (which, I must admit, I don't very often) I'll play it on a PC. (And I don't presently have any games on my PC, so that goes to prove my previous comment...)
I have another PC dedicated to MP3 jukebox and MAME for Arcade games. Anything else, I'm more than happy to play on a console, and TBH, it wouldn't bother which I had. I will, however, make the comment about reliability - more people I know have had a RROD than have had a PS3 pack up.
I still have a green phosphorus display here, on a table on the other room. Movies look crazily artsy on that.

My friend has had his XBOX 360 repaired 5 times now. On the other hand he keeps it in a confined place with zero air flow. He says "it gets somehow very very hot" and the fans are "just like screaming".

The new versions of the console are not so bad anymore, those are more reliable.

But, then I don't know about the warranty system there, here in the EU, it's 2 years always (Microsoft's 3 years RROD warranty still applies, so 2 years total warranty (EU) and then 1 year extra for RROD).

So I don't know. Here it's about the same what console to have, but if the warranty would be like 6 months, I could think twice.

Last edited by Zaxvien; 19th May 2009 at 09:56 PM.
Zaxvien is offline   Reply With Quote