Old 16th December 2009, 04:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking
Default DSLite vs DSi

Ok, I've been looking around a little today in response to son being keen on a DS for Christmas. He's been raving over it since playing "Eye Training" (I think) on a friend's system recently. I'm having a hard time seeing the value in the extra $100 (give or take) in buying a DSi instead of a DSLite. I'm gathering it's mainly the cameras and access to the download store that are the difference? Can't seem to find a link to actually see what's on the download store or the prices though to be able to judge it.

What are some people's views here who have the DSi - am I missing something, is it worth it over the Lite?
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16th December 2009, 05:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 5501

Pensive

The DSI has a larger screen but no GBA slot.

"If a job's worth doing, no further justification is required." - Alice: Madness Returns
"It takes just as much work to achieve failure as it does to achieve success."
King_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 09:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Advisor
Guru - Post: 11700

Lurking

Slightly larger screen, camera function, and overall a slightly smaller frame. Apart from the in-built picture and music morphing software the machine internally, is the same as the DS.
TBH I can't see the extra $100 as being worth it, but others may feel different.

“The Vulcan Neck Pinch is not half as powerful as the Vulcan Groin Kick, but it's more politically correct”
Vulcan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 02:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5118

Amused

DS lite for sure. Cheaper, and has everything you need. Slot in an R4 or TT card for about $40 to demo any of the games. Trackmania DS is good.

If you really want the DSi, then Toys R Us have them for $239 at the moment.
Old 16th December 2009, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

Thanks guys. Ooooo, I'd forgotten about Trackmania DS - will have to point out to him how important sharing is.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote