Old 17th December 2009, 11:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2181

Confused

I have no issues with my PS3 online, updates used to be quite slow but lately they've been extremely fast. It's not in a DMZ either. Maybe Sony pulled their finger out and improved the Aussie download servers or something.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18th December 2009, 02:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 669

Cheeky

even with the DMZ set up, the 360 still beats the PS3 in online game play through sheer number of players. because lets face it, the more players there are, the more likely you're gonna find a server you like.

as for graphics, both the 360 and PS3 use 1080i just that the PS3 images look a tad sharper for most games. really not that big a difference and you'll only really notice it when you're playing campaign. online game play requires you to be paying much more attention to whats going on than how pretty that car in the corner looks.

^.^
Mysterio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 04:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6657

Grumpy

Very difficult to pull these apart.

Bluray do you want it?

This is probably the biggest question other than game choice

I myself prefer my PS3....or at least i did before i got SKY

It really depends how deep you are willing to use the system.... for pure playing games i think Xbox comes out on top.....but then again arrghh

Man i have both i love both i am lucky few but right now in UK you are getting Elite with Fifa, Forza, ODST and summit else for 199 - beats any PS3 deal going - yet that does not include wireless adapter and years sub to online.

What games do you most want to play think you have to go with this one along with the bluray player as the 2 questions that need to influence you.

Pick either and enjoy.

Oh and Trophies own all over gamer points PM

P.S Sorry for useless rant it is just so hard to make arguments for one over other when i have both.
Old 18th December 2009, 11:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles
Ace - Post: 9490

Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTC View Post
P.S Sorry for useless rant it is just so hard to make arguments for one over other when i have both.
I agree. It's hard a for a single console owner to have an un biased comment.
i know as I'm one of them.
Old 18th December 2009, 01:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4349

Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient_One View Post
I agree. It's hard a for a single console owner to have an un biased comment.
i know as I'm one of them.
Especially when you are a PS3 fanboy!

/ducks
Old 18th December 2009, 07:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles
Ace - Post: 9490

Breezy

Hmmmmmmmmmm......

I know your tempted by the dark side my friend hence why you have both.

Can't part with the XBOX, forever holding onto the hope that it might actually be a better console which IMHO is not what it is.

Computer in sheeps clothing to my big bad wolf.

Care to come out and play little sheep.

Sorry I digress. This is not a flame thread, this is not a flame thread.

Okay if you don't have Blueray but thinking of it for the better movie picture quality then PS3 might do the trick considering you can also play games and attach PlayTV to record TV programs, connect with PSP devices (play games and watch shows/movies) and now the new Sony Ericsson Aino (watch shows/movies).

Yes my son has an Aino.

Lets see if XBOX can do that.
Old 18th December 2009, 07:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Cheeky

the xbox interfaces perfectly with the PC, ie it can do anything the PS3 can + more. simply cuz the PC is by far a more powerful system.
its just slightly more complicated to set up the 360 to be all linked up than it is to set up the PS3's media system.

^.^
Old 23rd December 2009, 07:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 550

Innocent

all very good arguments for each there i have played on a ps3 but tbh apart from the blue ray i was not that impressed ( you can buy blue ray dvd players cheap now ) . I ended up buying a 360 due to the games on it and one major reason more of my mates have a 360 , even though you do have to subscribe to the gold package you do get silver for free so you can play online. Also i belive sony are going to charge for the online service or are looking at doing it CLICK ME .

But my advice is go with your own prefrence and what most of your mates have.
Old 24th December 2009, 12:45 AM   #19 (permalink)

Cheeky

thing is, most people i know would rather pay for high quality online services than put up with dodgy free ones.
the problem most people have with xbox live charges are with the ridiculous costs of microsoft points and the nightmare of trying to unsubscribe from xbox live!
the silver package allows for VERY limited online play, and i mean 99% of games require gold.

as for sony charging for PSN in the future, i wouldnt actually mind since that revenue would allow them to drastically improve their online services to be atleast on par with that of the 360. Also, since more and more games are now multiplatform i would actually start using my PS3 for some games.

^.^
Old 27th December 2009, 03:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 874

Fine

Sorry Gang but I must agree to disagree I have had the xbox and 360 from the start and I had a PS1 prior to that. I skipped the PS2 because I thought the games were, well, Ho HMM. I have just bought a new 200 Hz Sony LCD 46" TV and I got a PS3 for free in the deal. Well good oh, some of you may say. But to be honest I dont think I would go out and buy one myself. I am not in to fighting games they bore the crap out of me. Give me FPS, action and driving games any day, but that is my personel preferance. So in a nut shell the only cool stuff on the PS3 I like is IView TV and Bluray which may be replaced buy another medium in the near future, But thats it I dont think I could justify $400.00 to buy a bluray player when you can get one for around $200.00 now and I still have my laptop or PC to watch IView when I need it. SO for me XBOX 360 is my preferd console, But remember this is only my opinion, get what you think is most suited to your needs and you will be happy with that. Justenjoy the gameing experiance and live a happy life..
Oh my PSN name is jonny2combzau as well as TOGjony2combzau on xbox live.
I have BF1943 on both consoles so if you see me on line eithe one say G'Day and we can have some gaming fun, and frag the compitition

Last edited by jonny2combz; 27th December 2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: No reason
jonny2combz is offline   Reply With Quote