The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Hardware Talk (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/hardware-talk/)
-   -   Console Mods (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/hardware-talk/283780-console-mods.html)

Pure Mongrel 8th February 2010 01:13 PM

Console Mods
 
I came across this article on IGN and thought it looked very cool!

Custom Aliens PS3 Case Mod - Gear News at IGN

http://gearmedia.ign.com/gear/image/...5052352094.jpg

Have any of you guys modded your consoles or have an idea of a mod you would like to do?

If a whole mod seems to drastic, have you used or considered using a vinyl skin?

Ancient_One 8th February 2010 10:10 PM

Not impressed. What the hell did he do to that fantastic piece of kit. :mad:

Damn aliens. :D

I don't see a need for case moding on PS3 machines. They are perfect in every way and need no improvements IMHO.

Now PC's on the other hand really could do with some help and 360's. Well need I say anymore. :D

Chief 8th February 2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancient_One (Post 2689611)

I don't see a need for case moding on PS3 machines. They are perfect in every way and need no improvements IMHO.

A mod to repel the dust would be nice :p

Pure Mongrel 9th February 2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief (Post 2689621)
A mod to repel the dust would be nice :p

I hear that. Maybe one of these?

PS3 SYSTEM CONSOLE Skin GUARD BODY Protector cloth SEAL - eBay Skins, Sony PlayStation 3, Accessories, Video Games. (end time 21-Feb-10 20:23:43 AEDST)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancient_One (Post 2689611)
I don't see a need for case moding on PS3 machines. They are perfect in every way and need no improvements IMHO.

Not improve ... personalise ;)

Ancient_One 9th February 2010 07:33 PM

Keeps it warm in Winter and cool in Summer. :p

Jamesr 10th February 2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Mongrel (Post 2689122)
I came across this article on IGN and thought it looked very cool!

Custom Aliens PS3 Case Mod - Gear News at IGN

http://gearmedia.ign.com/gear/image/...5052352094.jpg

Have any of you guys modded your consoles or have an idea of a mod you would like to do?

If a whole mod seems to drastic, have you used or considered using a vinyl skin?

Thats really a cool skin.. Aliens Rock... Probably the guys are working on a mod chip too :D

ozivillan 11th February 2010 12:15 AM

heres a prototype skin i got supergoaile 1 to knock up for my 360. only problem was getting it made up. caused all sorts of problems regarding copywrite. gave up on it in the end

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6...skinwebte6.jpg
Shot at 2006-10-21

Pure Mongrel 11th February 2010 07:34 AM

TOG had an issue with you using the logo?

ozivillan 11th February 2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Mongrel (Post 2692638)
TOG had an issue with you using the logo?

no not a problem with TOG. father gave the ok for the use of the logo (as you can see in the pic the G carries the TM intitals) the company doing the skin then required all sorts of this and that before they would procede with the order

Pure Mongrel 11th February 2010 01:54 PM

Pity, I would have bought one of those :)


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 09:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0