The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Hardware Talk (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/hardware-talk/)
-   -   PS3: I now talk to Facebook. (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/hardware-talk/286870-i-now-talk-facebook.html)

Cadder 26th February 2010 01:55 AM

I now talk to Facebook.

Has anyone else noticed, in the "Account Management" XMB tab of your Playstation 3, that there is now a Facebook option. Your PS3 will now post notifications of trophies, etc. to your Facebook profile by itself, when you achieve them.

OBTW; if any other TOGgers want to add me on FB, please do so - particularly members of the console PS3 squad :)

Chief 26th February 2010 03:19 AM

yeah, they added that a few months ago, signed up to facebook just to see what it did :p

My FB page is nothing but trophy notifications

Frederico El Sanchez | Facebook

click 26th February 2010 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadder (Post 2708696)
Has anyone else noticed, in the "Account Management" XMB tab of your Playstation 3, that there is now a Facebook option. Your PS3 will now post notifications of trophies, etc. to your Facebook profile by itself, when you achieve them.

OBTW; if any other TOGgers want to add me on FB, please do so - particularly members of the console PS3 squad :)

Found that a little while ago. I have added you to facebook

Pure Mongrel 26th February 2010 07:51 AM

Is Facebook any good?

Mysterio3 26th February 2010 08:02 PM

FB is pretty much the only IM system i use nowadays.... by far the easiest to organise stuff on

that and it has alot of procrastination tools :)

Pure Mongrel 27th February 2010 09:38 AM

Facebook is creepy! I started an account and then it asked me if I wanted to add all these friends. People I knew, people I have not spoken too in years ... How does it know all this info about me!

Be right back ... off to get some aluminium foil to cover my head in! :eek:

Cadder 27th February 2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Mongrel (Post 2710093)
Facebook is creepy! I started an account and then it asked me if I wanted to add all these friends. People I knew, people I have not spoken too in years ... How does it know all this info about me!

LOL, Dog...
add me too, but make sure you tell me who you are ;)

Cadder 9th March 2010 11:46 AM

Potential PS3/Facebook users be advised, that the Facebook extension DOES NOT APPEAR in the XMB account management menu if you are using a PSN sub-account. You have to be using a primary PSN account.

Kiz 12th March 2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Mongrel (Post 2710093)

:biglol::biglol:

FB was hard to get into to start with but then you find yourself checking it all the time,

good way to see what trophies people get :)

Ancient_One 13th March 2010 02:01 PM

After a hard drive replacement and game install for MAG all my trophies synced/were awarded in game again. Yep Facebook reflected it but in two messages, MAG awarded Ancient_One 10 PSN trophies, MAG awarded Ancient_One 3 PSN trophies.

That wasn't to bad I assumed they would list them individually.