Old 23rd April 2010, 12:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager
Ace - Post: 9050

Breezy
Default Firmware 3.30 Details

PS3 3.30 System Software Update

Posted by Eric Lempel // Director, PlayStation Network Operations
Hi everyone, in our continued effort to provide the best, most comprehensive entertainment experience possible, we’ll be adding a few new features to PlayStation 3 (PS3) via the latest system software update, which is a mandatory update and will be available shortly. Most notably, you’ll see some new sorting options within Trophies that make it easier to claim bragging rights among your friends on PlayStation Network.
  • Trophy enhancements –- Now you can more easily sort trophies in the [Trophy Collection] and [Comparing Trophy] sections. Sorting can be done with [Trophy Collection] in the [Game Category] and also when comparing trophies with your friends in the [Friend Category]
    • Trophy Folder (Title List) can be sorted by game name/ by title according to the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
    • Add-on list (Group list) can be sorted by original/the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
    • Trophy list can be sorted by original/trophy name/grade/date of obtaining the trophy (ascending/descending)
In addition, this update preps the PS3 system for some upcoming new features, including 3D stereoscopic gaming, which is coming soon to PS3, in time for the launch of Sony’s 3D BRAVIA TVs.

Let us know your thoughts and as always, we look forward to your feedback.

Old 23rd April 2010, 08:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

Will it make Trophies load faster when you try to look at the whole list?

When will SONY update the communications system?

Well you asked for feedback
Old 27th April 2010, 11:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2540

Reported around the globe are more 3.30 features; features that seemingly went unmentioned on the PlayStation (US) Blog…
  • You can now select [PC] as an option under [Remote Play Settings] > [Register Device]. When you select this option, you will be able to use the remote play feature to operate your PS3 system from future models of the VAIO PC. Details of this feature will be announced on the official VAIO website at vaio.eu/playstation in May 2010.
  • You can now select [Bitstream (Direct)] or [Bitstream (Mix)] under (Settings) > (Video Settings) > [BD Audio Output Format (Optical Digital)].
No features removed but… Well, I don’t even know what to say… Trophy sorting? C’mon… Really? In addition to that, which is better news if you’re one of the few sporting a 3D TV, Lempel mentions this update readies the system for 3D stereoscopic gaming; 3D re-releases of games will follow. Sometime in June you’ll be able to download 3D versions of Wipeout HD, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, and Super Stardust. No sense in rushing 3D Blu-ray [movie] support I guess, considering Avatar 3D doesn’t release till ‘11. Bummer.

(source: http://www.ps3-hacks.com)

Last edited by Cadder; 27th April 2010 at 11:30 AM.
Cadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 12:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager
Ace - Post: 9050

Breezy

3D give me a break. This will be a niche market at best.

Does 3D tv have legs. I don't think so. The cost will stop a lot from purchasing.
Old 27th April 2010, 02:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2085

Confused

News: PS3 3D requires resolution drop - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

I think this whole "3D" gaming thing will fail. I'd rather play crisp hi res games like I do now than have low res, blurry stereoscopic ones.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 04:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
I'd rather play crisp hi res games like I do now than have low res, blurry stereoscopic ones.
Agreed.