The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (
-   Hardware Talk (
-   -   Using a USA Xbox in Australia? (

SonnyJim 1st January 2011 04:54 PM

Using a USA Xbox in Australia?
Hey guys,

Not wanting to sell my console for so little while I was in Florida, I decided to bring it back with me to Australia. I have a few games I bought as well so I thought I might feel like playing them still from here. I knew I would need to buy a replacement power cord but I am at a bit of a loss about how much I need to do, so I'm wondering if any of you know about this?

When I took my pc over to the USA it was as simple as buying a $2 cable that would plug into the wall there - is it essentially the same in reverse with the console or am I only able to play a USA Xbox here with a transformer?

Looking on ebay etc, it seems they just sell the main adaptor without the plug that ends up in the wall? Can I just use an ordinary power cord l might have lying around that hooks up a PC as well? The input on the adaptor seems to look the same.

Appreciate any tips you can offer,


Pure Mongrel 1st January 2011 05:57 PM

You could use something like this:
Earthed Mains Travel Adaptor For Australia - Jaycar Electronics

My only fear here is that the XBOX power adapter may not be able to handle 240v??

Also be aware that your NTSC XBOX will be unable to play PAL games ... in other words you are going to have to import anything new you want to play.

Draadnor 1st January 2011 06:50 PM

I don't have an xbox but have a close look on the xbox for something like 110 - 240VAC (probably need a magnifying glass). This will tell you if you can just plug it in here.

SonnyJim 2nd January 2011 11:53 AM

Thanks guys

All times are GMT +11. The time now is 12:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0