Old 9th October 2011, 09:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking
Default [PSP] Where to buy recommendations?

Hi, my son is looking to buy a PSP and given the last console I bought was a PS2, I've no idea on any good places to buy from. They're not stocked in local stores unfortunately. Preference would be from somewhere within Australia (depending upon price), but quite comfortable purchasing online from overseas from reliable sources also.

He'll obviously also be looking for some games, but there's quite a few options for those - some of which I buy PC games from myself, so that's less an issue.

Any recommendations from TOG'ers here?

Oh, and is there word on when the PS Vita is supposed to be released in Australia?
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9th October 2011, 10:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2086

Confused

I bought mine from ebay, Japanese model, and it's served me well. I was after a specific older model though, for it's certain tweaking capabilities. It has the best prices if you don't mind pre-owned, most are in great condition.

Vita is simply "2012" at this point for us with the Japanese launch at the end of the year. Other Sony consoles have been about 6-8 months between the Japanese launch and their Aussie releases.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 10:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager
Ace - Post: 9057

Breezy

Older models with custom firmware would be a better option but I've been out of the loop on this for some time so not sure who is providing cfw builds these days.

eBay would be the suggested purchase location or Gumtree would be another for more local provider.
Old 10th October 2011, 07:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

Thanks guys. Still open for any other suggestions, as he's still saving a couple of dollars for some games.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote