Old 20th April 2012, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 28

Default PS3 3d display

Anyone have one of these or thinkin of getting one?

3D Display (with 3D Glasses)-PlayStation 3, PS3 official peripheral

A 3d display would be great but the simulview sounds awesome as most my gaming these days is splitscreen (portal 2 co-op ftw)
parso is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20th April 2012, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Advisor
Advisor
Lethal - Post: 6719

I was excited about these when they were first announced, but news of its release escaped me!

At $700 at Harvey Norman, I would expect to pay not much more than $500 (that's what the Americans pay), and for that, then for sure I'd grab one if I needed a new monitor. Unfortunately, I do not need a new monitor at the moment, so I'll just have to wait.

At $5-700 though, for what should be at least a 160hz (hopefully closer to 200hz) 24" monitor, 2 pairs of glasses, and bonus copies of Killzone 3 and Gran Turismo 5... bargain.
SemiproCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Now a proud owner of a ps3 3d display.
If loungeroom gaming is your thing then the screen is most likely to small, but as a secondary display for a desk, or a bedside gaming setup (yep im single) its great.
Sadly only a few games support 3d atm.(and simulview even less)
But even as a 2d monitor i love it.

Crysis (dloaded from psn) even thou i played it on pc and was blown away when it first came out, waltzing thru the jungle in 3d is an amazing step up. From shrubs whacking me in the face, jets passing overhead and ironsighting down my rifle, im totally sold! Cant wait to purchase crysis 2.

Other titles have been hit or miss for me. GT5 felt gr8 in 3d and simulview worked well (time to dig out the logitech wheel). Black ops as a 3d game is ok, sometimes great, and ive only had a quick bash of killzone 3. The 3d may be the best of the bunch, but im not a fan of the game atm and i couldnt get simulview to work, it may need a download i assume.

anyway here an interesting view for anyone with a 3d tv and a bit of time on there hands
Simulview on a Passive 3d tv - YouTube
Old 11th May 2012, 03:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Advisor
Advisor
Lethal - Post: 6719

I thought the simulview stuff was native to the console? I thought simply instead of going split screen, it would split it at the PS3 level as opposed to the game level. It's a shame to hear that isn't the case, as the market for this display is still likely too small to mave many developers support it.
SemiproCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 06:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiproCharlie View Post
I thought the simulview stuff was native to the console? I thought simply instead of going split screen, it would split it at the PS3 level as opposed to the game level. It's a shame to hear that isn't the case, as the market for this display is still likely too small to mave many developers support it.
hey charlie ta for the replys on this post. I was of the same thought that u were, ps3 splitscreen games were available as simulview. Very dissapointed, ive been searching alot on the net for more info but sadly there isnt alot.
As i posted in a link below the ps3 display can 3d split up/down or left /right so adjusting a couple of 3d glasses should work, I assume they will as ive tried this and closing 1 eye gives one screen and the other eye the other screen.