Old 10th August 2013, 12:45 AM   #121 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 40

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny2combz View Post
Good news for those like me who will be getting an XBOX1

Microsoft changing Xbox One policies - GameSpot.com

I am so looking forward to this, all the kiddies will be getting the PS4 because of cost and us old farts will be getting the one
so true Johnny and even more good news was that MS is finally now including the chat headset with the XB1!!! I am REALLY looking forward to getting mine, and I dont know if it was said but Sony IS requireing their PS+ membership for online play just like Xbox Gold, and the Xbox is catching up and in some ways passing Sony in features on their system now that alot of the fog is clearing and people can see past the flashy sales pitch *which didnt tell the WHOLE truth* that Sony presented at E3!!

Bottom line is, both systems look to be GREAT sytems and the way the games look in these next gen consoles look AWESOME!! I can't wait for Destiny - Official site of Destiny the Game to come out and hopefully I will find some TOG buddies to form fireteams with, if not, I may be stuck doing the solo thing some more!! Sooooo many good games and events happening post release date of these next gen consoles!!!!
Bonesteel2207 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12th August 2013, 03:12 AM   #122 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 22

going back and forth with these. I may just actually hold off on both and get a really nice tablet this holiday season. Looking forward to Project spark, so I could still do that and then eventually get a new console down the road. I really dont use the consoles much, have basically come back to pc gaming.
Mr.BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 10:20 AM   #123 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1294

Yes the 2 games I am interested in Destiny and The Division are not releasing until 2014 so I will not be buying until next year which will be the first time I have not be an early adaptor.

That will give me time to sort out what I want and more importantly what my friends are going to be investing in as that will be the biggest driver for me this time around.
Old 12th August 2013, 11:27 AM   #124 (permalink)
Advisor
Advisor
Lethal - Post: 6721

Same boat here - I will likely end up with both within the first 12 months, but I'll probably have neither for the first month or two at least. The first really good bundle or even price drop will probably be the trigger for me.

Then again, that is exactly what I said about the Xbox 360 so I didn't pre-order it... until the day of the midnight release. I went in in the afternoon, paid it off, and came back at midnight and lined up with everybody else.
SemiproCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 12:03 PM   #125 (permalink)
Division Captain
The Elder Scrolls Online
Elite - Post: 2506

Hot

Ok, I've been told by various people different stories on Xbox Live.

Do you need Xbox Live to access pretty much anything online?
Thymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 08:55 PM   #126 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 874

Fine

You will need Gold to play online and access the demos and the video/TV stores.
But with Silver you get some access but I have no idea what I have had gold from the get-go and never went back.

But don't forget PS4 you will need Playstation Plus for every thing that's the deal.
except off line games single player and stuff.

I wish they would bring back Lan play for battlefield 4

Last edited by jonny2combz; 21st August 2013 at 08:59 PM.
jonny2combz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 09:45 PM   #127 (permalink)
Advisor
Advisor
Lethal - Post: 6721

I think every serious console gamer - and most casual ones too - will pretty much have to subscribe to at least one of the two services to get the most out of this generation. Both services seem to add a fair bit to their respective consoles, though Xbox gold does feel like it adds back in the things that gamers have traditionally expected for free, while PS+ feels like it adds additional value, at least to me.

Xbox One will lock almost every online feature behind a paywall the PS4 wont | ExtremeTech
Quote:
The official Xbox website has been updated to show everything that has been shoved behind that Gold paywall. It includes old favorites like online gaming and other internet-enabled services, such as Netflix and browsing the web. Now, though, it includes services like the NFL on Xbox, One Guide (the television overlay), Game DVR, Skype, and SmartMatch (which is the new and improved way Live will match players online). Basically, everything you can do online is behind a paywall, as its always been. As for the PS4, head of SCE Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida made perfectly clear that Sony wont put much behind the PS Plus paywall. In response to a series of questions posed to him on Twitter, he said that other premium online services such as Netflix wont require a PS Plus subscription to use. He also noted that unlike the Xbox One, the PS4′s game streaming and DVR capabilities wont require a subscription.
Xbox Live Gold - Xbox.com
You even need Gold to use Skype on the Xbox. That just feels greedy from Microsoft. They own Skype now, they want people to use it, so why would they charge Xbox users for it? If they want to charge for this, they should put the charge on Skype itself. If they are giving it away for free on PC, smartphones and tablets, then charging for it on one device feels like a rip off.
SemiproCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 05:24 PM   #128 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 874

Fine

To put thing in perspective some ISP's don't count XBOX live content in your data allowance so no surprise at the end of each month, ISP do include PSN data in your allowance so you have to manage it better.
I have had XBOX live from day one and it’s $70.00 a year. Some people pay $12-14 a month for game subscriptions. You say the PS4 is for hard gamers and now they have to pay to play online like XBOX?. Well I am sorry the argument of MS being the bad guy here, you have just blown it out of the water. Reason being PS4 for gamers = they have to pay too. If someone wants a box to steam media I-TV is cheaper.
Sony are not the good guys here, they are more than happy to con you out of your hard earned money like any other company would.
Sony has taken a long time to realize that people won’t be ripped off, hence the price drop from the other consoles on release, PS1 $$700-$800 on day of release PS2 $800-$900 on release and PS3 $900- $1000 on release??? Ah those are the days 
I am sorry I don't know to many people who are planning to buy either console to play off line..

Skype service is free on XBOX and yes you will need Live but the question is why would you not want live, it a great service. Its a fee for accessing all the online services for all good things on your XBOX.?? PEEPS its $70.00 per year.

Last edited by jonny2combz; 4th September 2013 at 05:31 PM.
jonny2combz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2013, 02:44 AM   #129 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 22

not sure where your getting those prices? Playstation1 ,2 and 3 were no where near that much. ANd as far as ISP data usage? who still has that? I'm guessing your not from or living in the states because those pricing was not right here, and pretty sure anyone with an ISP, especially gamers have unlimited Data on there ISP. People speeds may vary, but with high speed internet, data doesnt have ceilings .
Mr.BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2013, 01:09 PM   #130 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1294

Most in this thread are in Australia and Australian ISPs impose data limits and what we call the 'Australian tax' is applied to everything. Prices between the US and here can be vastly different but are almost always higher and we do not have access to a lot of services without having to jump through hoops because of regional locking so a lot of the features on XBox that were shown we will not even be able to access.

The PS4 is $549, XBox $599 (although considering the hardware I do not think those prices are outrageous myself).