Old 9th September 2013, 01:11 PM   #131 (permalink)
Advisor
Advisor
Lethal - Post: 6719
 SemiproCharlie's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.BigDaddy View Post
I'm guessing your not from or living in the states
Correct - those were the Australian launch prices of those consoles (personally I can only confirm the PS3 was $999 at launch, not sure about the PS1 or PS2).

Also in Australia, next to nobody has unlimited data - having a quota is standard. My quota is a generous 300gb per month.
SemiproCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9th September 2013, 08:48 PM   #132 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 863
 jonny2combz's Avatar

Fine
Default

YeH sorry I forgot to mention I am in Australia we get smashed with everything here
jonny2combz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 01:31 AM   #133 (permalink)
Division Vice Captain
The Old Republic / Star Citizen
Deadly - Post: 1529 TOG Gold Level Supporter
 ohio.medic's Avatar

Goofy
Default

I'm just glad when I moved and was able to get cable internet without a cap. I had slow DSL before with only a 100Gb cap.
__________________

SWTOR - Malvorn, Ridef {Rep} Joc'eret, Vor'nn {Imp}; SC: ohio_medic; ESO: @ohio.medic; LOTRO - Pendir, Malvorn TSW - Amunra, Bravo; Origin ID: ohiomedic
ohio.medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2013, 02:43 PM   #134 (permalink)
Division Captain
The Elder Scrolls Online
Deadly - Post: 2264
 Thymos's Avatar

Hot
Default

So on the Xbox one, I will need to pay for gold just to use my Netflix account? No thank you. I'm not all that interested in playing console games online. While the PS4 wont require me to pay for PS+ just to view Netflix, as it is right now on my PS3.

That was a pretty good article explaining the difference. I just picked up a year of PS+ for the PS3, and am enjoying the several free games.
Thymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2013, 04:33 PM   #135 (permalink)
Division Vice Captain
The Old Republic / Star Citizen
Deadly - Post: 1529 TOG Gold Level Supporter
 ohio.medic's Avatar

Goofy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymos View Post
So on the Xbox one, I will need to pay for gold just to use my Netflix account? No thank you. I'm not all that interested in playing console games online. While the PS4 wont require me to pay for PS+ just to view Netflix, as it is right now on my PS3.

That was a pretty good article explaining the difference. I just picked up a year of PS+ for the PS3, and am enjoying the several free games.
That's the one thing I don't like about the xbox is you have to have gold to use netflix, hulu, or other apps like that. I'm fine with them charging for online games and such do to the fact they have to pay for servers for that, but they should have no cost involved with netfilx. The free games are the only reason I have PS+ I think they more then make up for the cost.
__________________

SWTOR - Malvorn, Ridef {Rep} Joc'eret, Vor'nn {Imp}; SC: ohio_medic; ESO: @ohio.medic; LOTRO - Pendir, Malvorn TSW - Amunra, Bravo; Origin ID: ohiomedic
ohio.medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2013, 01:26 AM   #136 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
World of Warcraft
Deadly - Post: 1084

Relaxed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio.medic View Post
That's the one thing I don't like about the xbox is you have to have gold to use netflix, hulu, or other apps like that. I'm fine with them charging for online games and such do to the fact they have to pay for servers for that, but they should have no cost involved with netfilx. The free games are the only reason I have PS+ I think they more then make up for the cost.
There's free games on xbox gold too right?
__________________
Lukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2013, 01:29 PM   #137 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 863
 jonny2combz's Avatar

Fine
Default

Yes 2 a month release on the 1st and 16th of each Callander month but the good thing is if you leave gold you keep and are still able to play the game.
PSN+ you keep the game but you can't play it until you renew your PSN account.

On that I wonder what will be the first free games available on both new systems?
jonny2combz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2013, 05:19 PM   #138 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 596
 Fully's Avatar

Yeehaw
Default

PS4 Nov 29 @$649
X-Box one Nov 22 @$749

According to Dicksmith's web site for New Zealand's release!
__________________
Fully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 10:16 AM   #139 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1234
 Kaimahi's Avatar

Default

I found this article which was very interesting (if true)
EA Downgrading Battlefield 4 on the PS4 to Match the Xbox One furiousfanboys.com
__________________
Blu3ink - Planetside 2
Redink - ESO
Kaimahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 09:52 AM   #140 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 863
 jonny2combz's Avatar

Fine
Default Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimahi View Post
I found this article which was very interesting (if true)
EA Downgrading Battlefield 4 on the PS4 to Match the Xbox One furiousfanboys.com
Why would a company downgrade a game to suit one system It doesn't make sense?
They don't do it to PC games so they don't upset the console game sales. I think thy guy who posted this information originally is a PS fanboy and a clown.

Not you Kaimahi!!! but the clown who put it on the linked site.
jonny2combz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +11. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0