TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Old 24th October 2013, 08:53 PM   #141 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1186

I was taking to a friend at work about it the other day and he mentioned something about stress test units running at a lower rez.

This story probably is a little more recent and seems to make more sense of the situation
Xbox One graphics currently output in 900p, worse than PS4′s 1080p (Updated) | ExtremeTech

The 2 most interesting points (2nd one backs up what the workmate said)
Update, 4:38PM ET: We’ve spoken with a representative from Microsoft, who provided the following statement: “Xbox One fully supports native 1080p output at 60 fps. It is up to individual developers to determine what resolution best fits their design goals. At launch, Xbox One will present all titles at 1080p—whether natively or upscaled.” It’s worth keeping in mind that just because a box can output at 1080p doesn’t mean it will.
An Xbox One developer took to Reddit and responded to the 900p claims. The developer (who has been confirmed as such), stated that the 900p claims were true, but that the resolution was output from consoles specifically made for stress testing. This means that the performance of those consoles should not be indicative of the final, retail unit’s performance.

Old 25th October 2013, 04:23 AM   #142 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7050

Yeehaw

One thing that strikes me as odd - I've been noticing over the last couple of weeks a rather large media blitz (mostly in the form of television commercials) for the Playstation 4 and games appearing on the PS4 at launch.

I realized, one month out from the Xbox One launch, that I have yet to see a single ad for the Xbox One. I wonder if Sony is just heavily pushing the PS4, Microsoft is holding back on their ad campaign, or a mixture of both?

Check out my TOG Retro Gaming Blog!
psn: Crazy_Schizo xbl: LunaticSchizo
Schizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2013, 03:26 AM   #143 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 282

You must not watch football? There have been several Xbox One ads during evening games.
Kaliante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 02:59 PM   #144 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 862

Fine

Yeh and here in Aus Bathurst, our biggest motor racing event, Forza 5 and XBOX One was well advertised.

Some bad news though I have just learnt from a game repair business re; free online gaming with PS3. Apparently this will not be the case as SONY will not be running to PSN networks for gaming. Saying this free online gaming for the PS3 is coming to an end.

Oh well.
jonny2combz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 03:05 PM   #145 (permalink)

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimahi View Post
I was taking to a friend at work about it the other day and he mentioned something about stress test units running at a lower rez.

This story probably is a little more recent and seems to make more sense of the situation
Xbox One graphics currently output in 900p, worse than PS4′s 1080p (Updated) | ExtremeTech

The 2 most interesting points (2nd one backs up what the workmate said)
Update, 4:38PM ET: We’ve spoken with a representative from Microsoft, who provided the following statement: “Xbox One fully supports native 1080p output at 60 fps. It is up to individual developers to determine what resolution best fits their design goals. At launch, Xbox One will present all titles at 1080p—whether natively or upscaled.” It’s worth keeping in mind that just because a box can output at 1080p doesn’t mean it will.
An Xbox One developer took to Reddit and responded to the 900p claims. The developer (who has been confirmed as such), stated that the 900p claims were true, but that the resolution was output from consoles specifically made for stress testing. This means that the performance of those consoles should not be indicative of the final, retail unit’s performance.

As Sony and Microsoft scramble to get everything ready for the next-gen launch, we’re stuck waiting patiently to see how these consoles perform under real-world conditions. We’ve yet to see much actual gameplay footage running on final hardware, so speculation and hearsay is all that’s left.

That is probably the truest comment yet...
Old 28th October 2013, 03:11 PM   #146 (permalink)
Advisor
Advisor
Lethal - Post: 6715

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny2combz View Post
Yeh and here in Aus Bathurst, our biggest motor racing event, Forza 5 and XBOX One was well advertised.

Some bad news though I have just learnt from a game repair business re; free online gaming with PS3. Apparently this will not be the case as SONY will not be running to PSN networks for gaming. Saying this free online gaming for the PS3 is coming to an end.

Oh well.
I thought I read or heard somewhere directly from Sony that PS3 online multiplayer would remain free, but I can't find a source at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if once Gaikai was up and running they announced plans to wind up free PS3 multiplayer, but at the moment that is part of the PS3 "product", and they would face some pretty severe backlash if they were just to turn it off cold turkey.
SemiproCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2013, 02:16 AM   #147 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 282

This is another interesting article on the graphics potential of the new consoles:

Crytek: the next generation
Kaliante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2013, 03:36 PM   #148 (permalink)

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliante View Post
This is another interesting article on the graphics potential of the new consoles:

Crytek: the next generation
Good article!!

Well what ever way people jump I think both sides will be happy.
Am I getting old or did the Teraflop argument come up in the old console debate? one was supposed to be faster than the other?

Well it doesn't real mater does it
Old 29th October 2013, 03:39 PM   #149 (permalink)

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiproCharlie View Post
I thought I read or heard somewhere directly from Sony that PS3 online multiplayer would remain free, but I can't find a source at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if once Gaikai was up and running they announced plans to wind up free PS3 multiplayer, but at the moment that is part of the PS3 "product", and they would face some pretty severe backlash if they were just to turn it off cold turkey.
Sony didn't mention a lot of things at E3 they were to busy bagging MS policy.

You know the one "We are for gamers"