TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms > Landmark

Landmark All discussion regarding EQN's world building game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st September 2013, 05:19 AM   #101 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2614

Lightbulb

Hi Guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarbear88
I suspect that the layoffs will be EQ and EQ2 based as well as some of their other unsuccessful games like DCUO They probably will continue to run but with no new content.
Besides that of the original "Planetside" game that is rather dated in itself. As "Planetside 2" matures I can see eventually the caretaker crew at Planetside original will be reshuffled. Besides that of the "Clone Wars: Adventures" for tweens as an age group. Now that Disney owns the Star Wars franchise they already cancelled the cartoon network Tv series of the "Clone Wars". The SOE game of the same universe is probably less on their popularity list right now.

Atrayo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1st September 2013, 11:33 AM   #102 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1246

Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrayo View Post
Hi Guys,
Besides that of the original "Planetside" game that is rather dated in itself. As "Planetside 2" matures I can see eventually the caretaker crew at Planetside original will be reshuffled. Besides that of the "Clone Wars: Adventures" for tweens as an age group. Now that Disney owns the Star Wars franchise they already cancelled the cartoon network Tv series of the "Clone Wars". The SOE game of the same universe is probably less on their popularity list right now.
SoE has/had another project based on indian themed Ramayan 3329 by Virgin comics.The artwork are/were quite impressive.

Ramayan 3329 A.D. comic going online with MMORPG by SOE

Valdur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2013, 11:41 AM   #103 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2743

Buzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrayo View Post
Hi Guys,

I guess what I meant was that they likely will cease expansions for EQ and maybe EQ2 and put all their fantasy mmo focus on the EQNext franchise.

They also carry a lot of games like DCUO that didn't work out.

Most of the layoffs are in customer service. I am guessing they will roll a lot of their support for these older or unsuccessful titles together.

----------------
Have you ever really wanted to be a total rebel flipping tables on the enemy? - Vi themesong LOL
solarbear88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2013, 03:06 PM   #104 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4098

I'm very interested in this, but am waiting to see how the combat turns out. Combat is the main reason I still play Tera; NW auto aimed for the nearest peep which annoyed me... though I guess I could go back to tab/click targetting for a good group of like minded players. You know, like TOG

So many interesting games releasing these days
Old 8th September 2013, 06:57 PM   #105 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2743

Buzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snott View Post
I'm very interested in this, but am waiting to see how the combat turns out. Combat is the main reason I still play Tera; NW auto aimed for the nearest peep which annoyed me... though I guess I could go back to tab/click targetting for a good group of like minded players. You know, like TOG

So many interesting games releasing these days
They haven't really said if there would be Tab targetting. All they have said is you won't be able to simply spam through your skills. I got the impression from the way they worded it that there was a possibility of crosshair-like targetting. Or maybe a mixed system like GW2.

I am not sure if that is good or bad. I found Terra very awkward, not the crosshairs whiich I loved, but the way they handled movement.

----------------
Have you ever really wanted to be a total rebel flipping tables on the enemy? - Vi themesong LOL
solarbear88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2013, 10:28 AM   #106 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 59

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarbear88 View Post
I suspect that the layoffs will be EQ and EQ2 based as well as some of their other unsuccessful games like DCUO They probably will continue to run but with no new content.

EQNext is their next big thing, I doubt it will be affected at all. If anything, there may be more pressure to get it finished so it can start earning money.
Doubtful they already have one more piece of content lined up for this year for DCUO and have already confirmed support for more DLC next year. Regardless of what many think constitutes a "successful" mmorpg, nearly all SOE mmo's have been successful and made a lot of profit.

Heck SOE is the master of making money on these things, they won't stop supporting any of the games they make as long as they have paying customers willing to play the games.

Even with EQN coming out they won't stop support for EQ or EQ2 because the play-base is so fanatically loyal that the games are really just giant money printers.
FiraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2013, 08:33 PM   #107 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4098

Movement looks like it might be really nice....

Source: https://teksyndicate.com/news/2013/0...-demo-movement

Last edited by Snott; 15th September 2013 at 08:36 PM.
Snott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 08:48 AM   #108 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1604

Fine
Default EQ Next Landmark founders packs released

https://www.eqnlandmark.com/founders-pack

Thinking of actually going ahead with the trailblazer pack....
Old 12th November 2013, 09:39 AM   #109 (permalink)
Division Captain
Neverwinter Online
Deadly - Post: 1792 TOG Legend

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopNZ View Post
https://www.eqnlandmark.com/founders-pack

Thinking of actually going ahead with the trailblazer pack....
I just bought mine Bish, just had to!

Last edited by Bluesteel; 12th November 2013 at 09:45 AM.
Bluesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 10:28 AM   #110 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1604

Fine

^^

Yep, after watching that vid.....I "had" to purchase it.....however, I am going to put the blame on you blue