Ok, please forgive me for commiting grand theft forum, i stole the information below from a really useful post in the MWO forums. These links should be very useful for anyone keen on finding out more information on the product. I have provided it here since i know the MWO forums are like an impossible maze sometimes...
Thanks to Kaemon
for putting together this post, please send him your grats!
Code of Conduct, Posting Etiquette and FAQ
ISN NEWS FEEDS
- Your daily feed for information on the InnerSphere
- Faction info.
Ask the Devs/Dev Blogs
This is the Ask the Dev/Dev Blog thread list, this will give you a good overview of the game and will be updated often.
- Full Q&A link (offsite)...hero mechs?
Ask The Devs #3
Ask The Devs #2
Ask The Devs #1
- Answers listed below!
Dev Blog 0
- Reboot info (start here!)
Dev Blog 1
- Community Warfare - (Inner Sphere, Faction Warfare, Loyalty Points/Ranks)
Dev Blog 2
- Information Warfare - (BattleGrid, Modules,Targeting Tweaks, Detection/modes, Spoofing)
Dev Blog 3
- Role Warfare - (4 gameplay roles, Role Aggregation)
Dev Blog 4
- Role Warfare (Cont.) - (XP Actions, BattleMech Efficiencies, Pilot Skills, Module Costs, Scout Role Skills, Assault/Defense Skills, *Commander* Skills).
*Skills Tree Diagram*
Dev Blog 5 (part 1)
- Mech Warfare (Whoa Nelly!) - Gameplay Experience, Mech Operations, Heat Management, Weapons Systems, Ammunition, Controls, Movement Hinderance, HUD, Damage Readout, Throttle, Jump Jets, Torso Twist, Mini-Map, Heat Meter, Weapons Readout, Aim Reticles, Weapon Group Readiness Indicators, Range Finder, Pitch Indicators, Compass, Damage Direction Indicator, Cockpit Monitors, Targeting.
Wednesday Hot Drop
- Teaser Trailer + story (same vid as Game Trailer below, but with a nice story added for context).
[REDACTED] 5 Pt. 2 - ***Transmission deleted by ComStar ***
Dev Blog 6
- Mechlab - Hardpoint System, Weapons, Armor, Engines, Heat Sinks, Jump Jets, ECM Equipment, Modules.
Dev Q&A's answer questions to the Dev Blogs posted above, the numbers do match up (except for the Dev Blog 0, but that's included in Q&A 1...sorta).
Ask The Devs Answer #3
- Friend list, Friendly Fire, Dynamic Weather Effects.
Ask The Devs Answer #2
- Mech weight and loadout. Custom matches. Customization costs (only for Prosperity Park).
Ask The Devs Answer #1
- List of weapons/equipment available at 'Launch'
Developer Q&A 1
- General overview
Developer Q&A 2
- Community Warfare
Developer Q&A 3
- Information Warfare
Developer Answer Q&A 4
- Role Warfare
A little background on our Developers.
Dev Interview 1
- Alex 'Flying Debris' Iglesias (mech artist)
Dev Interview 2
- Randall 'Deep Blue' Bills (Continuity Manager/Fictional Lore Manager)
Dev Interview 3
- Paul 'Pink Thunder' Inouye (Lead Dev/Troll), David Bradley (game designer), Bryan 'Mad Weasel' Ekman (Creative Director)
Dev Interview 4
- Omid Kiarostami, Thad Jantzi, Kevin Meek
Dev Interview 5
- Evan Halim, Enrique Barahona Ramos, Thomas 'Fireball' Dziegielewski
Dev Interview 6
- Dion Linaker, Colin Huang, Stephen Andrusyszyn
Stuff Announced that does not fall into any specific category...
- Currently on #4!
May News Attack!
- Updated News Release schedule for May...hooray!
Friends and Family BETA is a go
- Closed BETA running, Matt N. confirms joystick support...
GDC 2012 Info
- Game Developer's Conference, PGI/MW:O is there!
GDC Post Interview
- How it went, thoughts, how many times Matt Newman lost his GDC badge, etc...
- Please read A Few Notes About The Trailer
(Yes we KNOW, it's 'Nominal' not 'Online' ..being fixed.) GDC vid
(Russ interview) GDC gameplay vid
only (no talky)
(suck it Hero Engine!)
Why you want MW:O to be F2P
- Yes you do and this is why
Is it Done Yet
- Matt 'Hula Girl' Newman doing what he does best!
Russ 'Thumper' Bullock on Mektek's 'Solaris Assault Tek'
- Mechwarrior en ligne est le bébé de la planète!
MechWarrior in the News
- News Articles/Interviews about MW:O
Popular Forum Threads/Resources
Some examples of player created resources...
Dance Mechlab, Dance!
- Paul explains the Mechlab...and promises dancing and monkeys (best.thread.evah).
Repainted Concept Art
- Awesome stuff going on here, bring your photoshop skills!
Signature Request Thread
- Get your sig on!
No Guts, No Galaxy Podcast
- Our resident Podcast covering all things Battletech, give it a try.
- Our Internet radio station (now with player!).
- I did it all for the wiki...
MechWarrior Online Wiki
- So nice we needed 2 wiki's
- MinMaxers Unidos!
- THE definitive source for Battletech info
MW:O IRC Channel (unofficial)
1R( 1$ 4\/\/3$0/\/\3
Penny Arcade Season 2. Episode 25 (Microtransactions)
A nice discussion on what we like about F2P and what we don't.