The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   MechWarrior Public Forum (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/mechwarrior-public-forum/)
-   -   New Map: Frozen City (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/mechwarrior-public-forum/440792-new-map-frozen-city.html)

Reoh 28th June 2012 10:27 PM

New Map: Frozen City
 
Check it out at this LINK, video feed embedded and an interview.

Note the part where environmental effects actually matter. Just like the old TableTop woo!

white_bear_84 28th June 2012 10:35 PM

Most likely released due to leaked footage which has been all over the MWO forums (and quickly removed) after being published on a German website.

Das naughty Deustch! :p

Nice footage though! Interesting to hear how ice will affect larger mechs ability to slow down.. ..be cool if it caused light mechs that were too fast or turned to fast to stack it lol

Mach 5 29th June 2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white_bear_84 (Post 3570503)
Interesting to hear how ice will affect larger mechs ability to slow down.. ..be cool if it caused light mechs that were too fast or turned to fast to stack it lol

don't know about movement penalties or effects, but climate has always had an sizable impact on heat build-up, which is a crucial mechanic in the BattleTech universe. the colder temps (and other things like standing in water) can significantly mitigate heat build-up, granting advantages to those mechs that can spam their energy weapons...the HBK-4P Hunchback - BattleTechWiki with it's 8 medium lasers is a great example of a chassis that can take advantage on this map.

white_bear_84 29th June 2012 10:54 AM

Well the guys says that the ice would have an effect on the mechs movement - found something similar in this article too:

MechWarrior Online showcases new Frozen City environment in video | Massively

Makes you wonder what else they can put in there e.g. will wading through water slow down your mech or do you get a movement penalty moving through woods...

r8response 29th June 2012 04:19 PM

Wish i could say otherwise about the article in Reoh's post

Bru1zer 29th June 2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white_bear_84 (Post 3571075)

Makes you wonder what else they can put in there e.g. will wading through water slow down your mech or do you get a movement penalty moving through woods...

You should get a movement penalty and a heatsink efficiency buff.

white_bear_84 30th June 2012 12:49 AM

The heatsink buff definately, i know there is alot going around the forums about heat and i think it would be wise of the developers to take this into account, hopefully will see something on movement too.. ..cant wait!!

Reoh 30th June 2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white_bear_84 (Post 3570503)
Most likely released due to leaked footage which has been all over the MWO forums (and quickly removed) after being published on a German website.

Das naughty Deustch! :p

Nice footage though! Interesting to hear how ice will affect larger mechs ability to slow down.. ..be cool if it caused light mechs that were too fast or turned to fast to stack it lol

At one point they mentioned that heavier mechs were more likely to skid\fall if they were going fast, presumably its still possible at lighter too though. Also, heat sinks work better so your mech runs cooler. More pew pew pew!

Buny 4th July 2012 06:41 PM

I hate this map! It's impossible to see anything.

As for ice effects I didn't notice much. Maybe it took a little longer to stop. The lights just run circles around you with no penalties it seems. So still lots of work to be done on this map imho.

r8response 4th July 2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buny (Post 3576257)
I hate this map! It's impossible to see anything

H


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 10:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0