Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th October 2010, 06:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4012

Cheeky

other than the one you lit :P
Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6th October 2010, 06:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Average - Post: 137

Relaxed

I actually feel partly at fault for this, I suggested something similar (as a joke) over mumble. However rest assured I wasn't the offender, I haven't been on minecraft today.

We need to install that anti-griefing mod ASAP; but we also need to make sure it logs the actions of admins as well as players ..

On another note, how was the bomb disabled? I didn't think it was possible without making it explode.

Last edited by Vonder; 6th October 2010 at 06:34 PM.
Vonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 07:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Team Fortress 2
Deadly - Post: 1389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonder View Post
On another note, how was the bomb disabled? I didn't think it was possible without making it explode.
The house was really high, so manuzza and I came up with the solution of clearing the blocks around it, and setting if off, as TNT falls before it blows. We repaired the cleared blocks and all was good.

I am interested to see who was responsible. A joke amongst mates is fine, and if you are consenting adults, I see no problem in it. But a random placement of TNT or something that could destroy something someone worked hard on, is no fun.
exekewtable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 07:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by exekewtable View Post
I am interested to see who was responsible. A joke amongst mates is fine, and if you are consenting adults, I see no problem in it. But a random placement of TNT or something that could destroy something someone worked hard on, is no fun.
Exactly. "Mates" not being defined as anyone who happens to play on the server.

Glad you guys could sort it out.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 10:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
Retired Advisor
Retired Advisor
Lethal - Post: 7407 TOG Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonder View Post
I actually feel partly at fault for this, I suggested something similar (as a joke) over mumble. However rest assured I wasn't the offender, I haven't been on minecraft today.

We need to install that anti-griefing mod ASAP; but we also need to make sure it logs the actions of admins as well as players ..

So did you suggest to put the TNT in my house, or just anyones house in general? If you suggested to put it in my house, why, do I know you?
Old 7th October 2010, 10:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9172

I believe the discussion was about tnt and the difficulties in using it, and the point was made that a griefer could take advantage of this and just leave one anywhere and cause major inconvenience.

So I don't believe your name or location ever came up in the conversation as I heard it.
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 10:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4012

Cheeky

I believe it was before you even came on Wolf... and it was really brief... I think it was along the lines of "a practical joke could be played where a TNT block was placed in someone's house" - eg just a general comment (which I pointed out would be mean) and then someone said it wouldn't be that bad because you could encase it in obsidian and set it off - which then lead to a discussion on a griefer on another server covering people's houses in obsidian... and we branched off from there - as you do...so that was pretty much the extent of it (unless someone else discussed it at a different time?)
Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 11:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
Squad Officer
Sgt at Arms
Team Fortress 2
Dangerous - Post: 577

Goofy

Hopefully this is just a once off, I know there has been a few other mishaps but they should settle off. maybe we should enforce a punishment if there is a person caught doing this kind of thing. (Demotion to a house cat for a week :P) This should discourage people from causing grief.

This shouldn't be necessary, but sometimes a joke can get out of hand and we just need to remember that people have worked hard on there work and shouldn't have to remake there work. I think we can put this to rest for the moment as there is not much we can do to fix it at this point. As it is to hard to figure out who actually did it.

(house cat is a reference from "just shoot me" just thought it was funny)
Old 7th October 2010, 03:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Average - Post: 137

Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_Web View Post
So did you suggest to put the TNT in my house, or just anyones house in general? If you suggested to put it in my house, why, do I know you?
Oh no, it wasn't a targeted discussion at all. Nor was it an instruction by any means, I was telling everyone about the old practical jokes that worked before the bug fixing; Noting that people used to place TNT behind others doors, and when the door opened .. the tnt exploded. Then the topic went on to bomb deactivation and how we would encase them in obsidian and set them off.

"Suggested" was probably the wrong word to use, it was more reminiscing on old times.

Last edited by Vonder; 7th October 2010 at 06:58 PM.
Vonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 03:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Division Vice Captain
Team Fortress 2
Dangerous - Post: 920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Worm View Post
Demotion to a house cat for a week :P
No no no, if people get demoted it's to Desk Rabbit.